Sitting for 3 years

I'd give it some time before pulling plugs. Usually , Lambda sense and MAF issues point to poor fuel mileage. Take some time to Drive some of the carbon and crust out of the engine and cat, I wouldn't wail on it right away. Just a bit more vigorous than normal.
May need valve stem clearance adjustment also -a bit loose is better than tight.

Sorry about the loss of you Mom.

I'd give it some time before pulling plugs. Usually , Lambda sense and MAF issues point to poor fuel mileage. Take some time to Drive some of the carbon and crust out of the engine and cat, I wouldn't wail on it right away. Just a bit more vigorous than normal.
May need valve stem clearance adjustment also -a bit loose is better than tight.

Sorry about the loss of you Mom.
Thank you.

I've driven about 300 or so miles so far. Fresh synthetic oil and I've only recently ran it close to redline. I have the valve adjustment at the back of my mind to do sometime in the future. The valvetrain sounds pretty rattly cold in the morning.

Prior to the few years of sitting I'd replaced one of the Oxygen sensors due to a code, can't remember which one either a rich or lean condition. Upon replacing the sensor I also found a vacuum line off the intake tube. I kept the old oxygen sensor just in case it was still good and the aftermarket one I replaced it with wasn't good. Time will tell with that, I'm guessing.

I'm not sure if anymore berrymans or any other additives could be beneficial at this point or not.

few mi on it now - time for safety ck. Frnt end, bearings, exhaust, etc?
Sounds?, bumpy ride?, pull when breaking? Oil'n all filters changed?
Other fluids? all due to sitting (inc w.wiper's)? Battery~
Tire check,
Tune up last...

Hi everyone,

I recently, after two years of probate mess, took possession of my late mother's '04 Accord. I parked it at her house in July of 2019. It's been started and moved around the yard on various occasions but hasn't been on the road until I brought it home this evening.

The battery is bad, I have a new tray already and will be replacing (upgrading to 24F) it tomorrow. Thankfully it only has about a quarter tank of gas. I'll probably add some MMO and top it off with fresh gas tomorrow.

I did encounter a small snake under the hood while jump starting it. Hopefully the rose home shook the rest out.

What else is on BITOGers must-do list for long-sitting vehicles?
I have been sitting for 46 years. My get up and go has turned into two speeds: slow and couch.

Back