Sinopec 75w-90 Synthetic

Sinopec 75w-90 synthetic

anyone have any info on this oil?

was about to buy either supertech of valvoline

Came across this stuff while searching for some gear/transfer case lube for my tundra.

Probably way more than I will ever use, but a 5 gallon bucket is only $90 !

says its a synthetic GL-5

any chance its a decent oil? $4.50 per qt is pretty good

3ED99B22-0E28-4462-88C2-DC214283BF0C.png

39312F9E-CD1C-42CF-BB27-BFC2153B8FE6.png

Last edited:
Sinopec is a Chinese oil company. The little I have seen they should be ok to use. But I believe most of their products are sold in bulk like you see, 5 gallon buckets.

So its probably ok if you need a lot.

Gear and transfer case stuff are things that get abused and sometimes neglected for maintenance. I put the best gear oil I can find in them and drive on. Moble1 full synthetic or Amsoil severe gear.

Yeah. Guess it's not worth risking. Found a gallon of valvoline synthetic priced pretty well or might just try the super tech

Bucket is priced right though if it's decent stuff

Originally Posted by jdw1222
Yeah. Guess it's not worth risking. Found a gallon of valvoline synthetic priced pretty well or might just try the super tech. Bucket is priced right though if it's decent stuff

Sinopec is made in Singapore (it states it on the label) and is good oil. I posted a VOA of Sinopec 15W-40 CJ-4 synthetic blend a while back and it looked fine.

Unless I am missing it appears this fluid would need to Extra limited slip additive if needed?

Last edited:
I bought 2 pails for 65$ each back in February to replace the stuff that was in the rear ends of a semi truck I bought, the rear ends take a little over 8 gallons and the stuff that I dumped was long overdue, looked almost silverish, the meritor rear ends call for an oil change at 360k miles, truck had 594k miles, whatever this oil is, it should be better than what I dumped, but is it really a good oil or should I dump it and get something more trusted? I've put 37k miles on the truck so far with this stuff.

Sinopec is a CCP oil company. Are we really so cheap to willingly support the country that brought us COVID-19?

Delvac synthetic 75w90 is available with the LS additive if you need it. Summit has a 5 gallon bucket for $190. Non LS for $170

Back