ShopTowels(R) heavy duty worth the price?

Status
Not open for further replies.
$5 for 110 small sheets/ two rolls of the Original Shop Towels.

$7.50 for two rolls of the heavy duty version (3x stronger when wet) 120 sheets

Is there a better deal on shop towels? I bought them in the past in the box style, but mice just love to use this material as their nest.

A roll of the blue shop towels lasts me a year, so no big deal. Walmart has them 6 rolls of 55 sheets for $10.

I tell you what. With cheap ones when I oil my hot cast iron the paper starts disentegrating and leaving paper bits everywhere.

I've been using the blue shop towels for probably 25 years. I buy them in bulk so I couldn't tell you off the top of my head what a roll costs but I like them better than just about anything else. I HATE those boxes of torn up sweatshirts that absorb nothing.

12 rolls of store brand paper towels are like $12. That is what I use because most of the time they are just used to wipe spills or clean my hands. I use the red lint free cloth rags for other stuff.

I use both the regular Scott's shop towels and red shop rags if I need something more stout than the towel. I've got a whole box of rags I could run through if necessary..

Last edited:
Originally Posted by GMBoy
12 rolls of store brand paper towels are like $12. That is what I use because most of the time they are just used to wipe spills or clean my hands. I use the red lint free cloth rags for other stuff.

One of the first times I bought the blue shop towels at WM, I carelessly left my car detailing bucket out on the kitchen floor. I returned from the bathroom to find that Wolf, my big (14 lbs., not fat) black cat had savaged the roll with teeth and claws, pretending it was prey. The roll was almost useless. It bothered me because the cost was 2x that of a roll of ordinary store brand towels. The rolls you can get at the Dollar Tree, while they're not as absorbent, have as many sheets for $1 as opposed to $2-something.

(On the rare occasion I buy them now, I make sure to keep them out of Wolf's reach.)

Originally Posted by Benzadmiral
Originally Posted by GMBoy

One of the first times I bought the blue shop towels at WM, I carelessly left my car detailing bucket out on the kitchen floor. I returned from the bathroom to find that Wolf, my big (14 lbs., not fat) black cat had savaged the roll with teeth and claws, pretending it was prey. The roll was almost useless. It bothered me because the cost was 2x that of a roll of ordinary store brand towels. The rolls you can get at the Dollar Tree, while they're not as absorbent, have as many sheets for $1 as opposed to $2-something.

(On the rare occasion I buy them now, I make sure to keep them out of Wolf's reach.)

That's a funny story and my cats have done similar "attacks" in the past lol

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back