Shop organization

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've been wanting to fab this rack for all of the jack stands that I have accumulated over the years.
Today It's complete.
[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

Nice little one day project... even a little time left for an admiration beer.

Lol.... it doesn't.
I got about 9/10 done with it and thought if I raised it up 5" more my jack would fit under it. I have a big crate full of them cheap junk casters that came off of crapsman tool boxes from years ago.
How's that for an excuse? Poor planning on my part.

Originally Posted by Leo99
That's a lot of jack stands. Looks great!

I started out with just the 4 red ones for many years. As I got older it's just a heck of a lot more comfortable to trim out and reassemble a restored hotrod frame if I can just sit on this
[Linked Image]

Than having to stand on my head. The little buggers are for oil changing. Yep I need a lift bad!

Originally Posted by P10crew
Leo99 said:
Yep I need a lift bad!

I put one in 10 yrs ago. Of course it needed a $50,000 building to house it.
It's probably kept me in the car maintenance/repair game longer than I every expected.
Don't think in my 70s I could be climbing under anymore.

Lol.... it doesn't.
I got about 9/10 done with it and thought if I raised it up 5" more my jack would fit under it. I have a big crate full of them cheap junk casters that came off of crapsman tool boxes from years ago.
How's that for an excuse? Poor planning on my part.

Haha, fair enough!

Looks good, if you hadn't said otherwise I would have guessed you planned the extra 5" for the jack underneath.

Side note, good call on the grey receptacles in the garage. I've tried talking people into that since they don't show dust and oily messes as easily, no one really goes for it until after the fact.

Originally Posted by Macsignals

Side note, good call on the grey receptacles in the garage. I've tried talking people into that since they don't show dust and oily messes as easily, no one really goes for it until after the fact.

I just used those in mine, i like them.

IMG_20200110_224214076.jpg

IMG_20200110_224227800.jpg

Last edited:
Thats an awesome jackstand rack, saves space. I like the wheels, you can roll it out to clean behind it.

Is that aluminum, or painted steel?

Last edited:
It's painted steel. The bill at the metal supply house was $63

There is no place around here to buy steel for projects at a good price like that. Frequently it would cost more to buy the materials than to buy a finished product. The exception is projects that are specialized like yours where nothing commercial exits. That's usually where i make things.

I love your design, that the floor jack can go under it, and its on wheels.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back