Setting original HDD to secondary storage?

I just successfully commissioned a new SSD on my home PC as the boot drive. I have the old HDD I’d like use as secondary storage. The issue I seem to be having is the HDD appears to have the old partitions on it and I can’t figure out have to remove them even after a wipe. Any ideas?

If you are comfortable with CMD commands then using diskpart to "clean" the drive for re-initialization is much faster and easier.

In windows disk management you can right click the partitions and delete them. Then create one partition and format. Or you can boot a windows load and manage your disks without loading any software. Or a linux load. Or a 3rd party tool such as gparted. You have lots of options.

Finally got it! I don't know why but it din't want to go very easily at first, both through Windows Disk Management and through the Seagate Disk Cleanser program I already had loaded on my computer. After a few tries the Seagate program wiped it 100% clean. Then I was able to initialize and format it very easy. Thanks everyone for all the recommendations.