Search hardly works anymore

When you type search terms board adds extra characters, Search is your friend only when it works...

Originally Posted by ddown
When you type search terms board adds extra characters, Search is your friend only when it works...

Almost certainly a browser issue, not the board.

The board's search function is pretty bad. I just tried it, and no matter what I search for it only returns one page equal to 25 hits. I know there is way more than only 25 hits for what I was searching for in the test searches I ran.

Didn't see any "added extra characters" going on.

As Jethro_Bob suggested, the google search is your best choice for any forum really. You can also use parenthesis to require a word be in the results since a sometimes a word can be omitted from the results.

Building off of the example given and leaving out unnecessary extras but making filter a required word in the results:

ford ranger "filter" site:bobistheoilguy.com

This works for most any forum that I have tried and works on some other search engines.

Originally Posted by ddown
When you type search terms board adds extra characters,

I am not seeing what you're seeing.

However, I see that the search date range has now been reduced to only 1 year. I realize this is done to offload server resources, but it has made the search function fairly useless, IMO.

Yes, Google is by far the easiest way to find even your own old posts. I type something similar (I always use the BITOG acronym and it works every time)

Pennzoil 0W40 VOA BITOG

or

Motul Power subierubyroo BITOG

It's flawless. Thanks Sergei!

Originally Posted by Quattro Pete
However, I see that the search date range has now been reduced to only 1 year. I realize this is done to offload server resources, but it has made the search function fairly useless, IMO.

"Like"

Back