Seal and gasket conditioner additives

It could be the environment external to a seal damaging it from that end or a "special sauce" mixed with the oil for reasons aplenty.

Do you have any thoughts on something like a liqui moly oil saver special sauce?

Do you have any thoughts on something like a liqui moly oil saver special sauce?

Never used it personally but I surmise it is no different than all the rest.

A highly overpriced temporary aid that in some situations provides a limited benefit

Nope. All motor oils are blends of various base stocks and what the manufacturer is looking for are characteristics, so these days it's more marketing than anything. It works wonders on our minds though. As a last-ditch effort try this along with Castrol EDGE 0W-40: https://www.amazon.com/Lubegard-LG-...rds=lubegard+anti+leak&qid=1599242636&sr=8-18

Follow the directions to a "tee". Lubegard seems to be as serious as they come when it comes to this kind of stuff.

I can obviously see that you're concerned about your mode of transportation and probably due to budgetary constraints you're not able to get the car fixed properly or trade it in for something better.

The solution above is what I would do. I had my share of leaky cars in the early to mid-2000s so I kept several quarts of ATF and Castrol GTX 10W-30 in the vehicle with me at all times. When I stopped at a gas station it was more like "check your fuel and fill your oil :ROFLMAO: ".

How is the Lubegard going to help with leaks?

How is the Lubegard going to help with leaks?

There is "no mechanic in a bottle" solution for bad seals. @Link was insisting on finding a solution for his bad seals using motor oil. There is no permanent fix for bad seals, sometimes not even a temporary one. "Lubegard LG-FIXX SEAL FIXX Multi-Purpose Stop Leak" was the best solution I could come up with that would not inflict any damage on his engine. It may provide a temporary fix, it may do absolutely nothing. Truth be told, none of us knows what the condition of his vehicle is, so we all tried our best to help him based on his description of the issue.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back