Scraped the side of my truck...

Status
Not open for further replies.
On vacation. Going down this old dark country road to the little cabin thing were staying in. Scraped from gas cap to tail light on a gate entry/mailbox. Which is fine.

Deductible with Progressive is 495$, which isnt the best but isnt the worst.

Filed a claim. Yall think it would be covered?

20191209_001802.jpg

20191209_001740.jpg

Originally Posted by GumbyJarvis
On vacation. Going down this old dark country road to the little cabin thing were staying in. Scraped from gas cap to tail light on a gate entry/mailbox. Which is fine.

I've seen vehicles at the salvage auction for smoke smell. Yes, smoke smell. Like, cigarettes. No kidding

They might total it on account of needing a new bed. And I'm dead serious. A new bed is what, $5k installed at a body shop depending on model?

Maybe $500 DIY at junkyard?
That's how insurance works

Should be. My wife sideswiped one of those concrete/metal poles they put by the gas pumps, they covered it no questions asked, even replacing the wheel that took little bit of damage. $4,200 later for OEM parts, good as new!

[Linked Image]

They wont put a new bed on that, most of it is paint transfer from the post and the sheet metal is a prime candidate for PDR. If your picture is all the damage then this is a super easy repair. A good PDR man can make that look untouched for a couple of hundred, paint if needed is a quick job.

Don't know why your insurance wouldn't cover it. But man that would make you sick.

With Progressive, maybe nothing. I hit a pothole in my motorhome and caused the rear tire to blow and did serious damage to the body. Had comprehensive. Got the "not Covered " letter.

Originally Posted by Deliverance95345
Originally Posted by GumbyJarvis

I've seen vehicles at the salvage auction for smoke smell. Yes, smoke smell. Like, cigarettes. No kidding

They might total it on account of needing a new bed. And I'm dead serious. A new bed is what, $5k installed at a body shop depending on model?

Maybe $500 DIY at junkyard?
That's how insurance works

You don't replace a bed for that kind of damage. The bed sides are replaceable, I've done a few Dodges. Drill out the spot welds and pry off the old side, weld on a new/used bedside.

Originally Posted by JeffKeryk
As long as youhave comprehensive, should be no problem.

This would be a collision claim, which would be covered. The bedside looks repairable from the photos. Possibly PDR and paint or conventional repair and paint but it doesn't look to need a new bedside let alone an entire bed.

Originally Posted by Trav
They wont put a new bed on that, most of it is paint transfer from the post and the sheet metal is a prime candidate for PDR. If your picture is all the damage then this is a super easy repair. A good PDR man can make that look untouched for a couple of hundred, paint if needed is a quick job.

I agree.Have a Good PDR shop look at it .They can do some amazing work

No new bed needed there.

That panel is a prime candidate for being repaired in a good case, in a worst case they replace that panel only. Either way it is not an expensive repair.

Personally, I would have gotten an estimate or two before filing a claim. I had similar damage on a previous F150 and the repair was under $1000, including paint.

Too bad he filed a claim on his insurance, like others said, the outside panel can be replaced and it will probably cost around the same or a bit more than the deductible
and that still goes on your insurance record. Oops.

Originally Posted by AC1DD
Too bad he filed a claim on his insurance, like others said, the outside panel can be replaced and it will probably cost around the same or a bit more than the deductible
and that still goes on your insurance record. Oops.

I have file a few small claims and my insurance company(Porgressive) stated with with smaller payouts no effect on rates. I have had 4-5 minor incidents(under $1000) in last 10 years some my fault some others (no insurance) and my insurance yearly payment is exactly the same $900/year full coverage($500 deducts/highest liability) on 2007 MDX and now 2018 VW Tiguan.

I think if you move insurance companies it matters more with stuff on record. 20+ years of Progressive and no motivation to change.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back