School me on wrist heart monitors with pulse.

Status
Not open for further replies.
They couldn't get a stent through an artery feeding the LF of my heart. But there are minor arteries handling the load. Except when the heart is working harder than the B team can deal with. The choice is a coronary by-pass operation or cardio -rehab .Exercise machines with monitors. 1 hr X 3 days a week. I'm taking dilators and 80mg of a statin.along with 2 others. It generic, so its cheap. The gist of cardio is to keep your pulse rate below 94 beats per min.I decided to get my stumps removed to make way for an upper plate. 5 teeth yanked , all broken. One was infected, a low grade infection that flared and went away when another tooth was pulled.. The oral surgeon got the bad un'. The infection was routed out with a super dremel. I feel like fricken Fred Astaire, I'm so limber. My intent is get tuned up enough to replace about 900 sq feet of roof. Do exercisers use them? are there any favored brands. AAA batts over coins? Thank you in advance
grin2.gif

I can't help you with your question but I'd like to wish you the best of luck! Feeling like Fred Astaire tells me you've gotten some pretty good medical attention. Keep up the good work and let know how you're doing from time to time. Cheers!

Fitbits work fine for that purpose as far as I know. They even record it and feed it to your computer via Bluetooth automatically. All the data even sleep patterns and quality are maintained tight on your computer. Accuracy I can't swear to but surely the medical folks must have information.

Originally Posted by Nick1994
Take a nap and try again tomorrow. I have no idea what you are trying to say above
crackmeup2.gif

Ditto. Somewhat.

For heart rate monitors, I have a fitbit Charge HR 3. Somewhat unreliable. Never had an issue with the Charge HR 2, but I'm on my 3rd replacement HR 3 now. Has a one year warranty which I think mine is up in November. If it dies I might end up with some Android or Samsung watch as most of them have the same features plus a bit more than the fitbit now. There's also the new Apple watch 5. It's out now and although there's a wait list for the pre-orders, they might also have them in the stores if you just walk in.

Originally Posted by Nick1994
Take a nap and try again tomorrow. I have no idea what you are trying to say above
crackmeup2.gif

Right.. he's all over the place....¨

Hope you're doing better OP...but from the way this reads, sounds like your BP may be low.🤔..or those dental painkillers have kicked in....‚

Last edited:
Let me tell you what you actually need...

A pulse oximeter... Which gives you a heart rate but also the oxygen level in your arterial blood... Which you need to know too... The pulse oximeter can be found at drug stores for about $35-50.... A blood oxygen level less than 93 percent on room air is not a good thing...

A wrist thing whether it be blood pressure or pulse are not typically very accurate overall. Not saying that those machines can never be accurate... But they are not the best way to find either blood pressure or heartbeat.

A good Omron arm blood pressure cuff is the way to go... Cost $45-70. Get one of them... Between the good blood pressure cuff and a pulse oximeter... You will be able to get accurate readings which is very important.

Instead of those wrist thingy's, I bought one of those "clothespins" you stick on the end of your finger. It gives you your blood oxygen level, as well as your pulse, (heart rate). My cardio doctor uses them in his office and trusts their reliability. (Except for women who use dark fingernail polish).

Blood ox level is good to know, because it shows you just how much oxygen is being transferred into your blood. It normally should be between 97% and 99%. If it starts dropping off, it's usually a sign your clogging up. (Early signs of COPD and a host of other crap you don't want). They work fast and the battery lasts a long time. (I'm still on the original). They're not that expensive either. I think mine was around $40.00. All the drug stores and Wal-Mart have them.

Get better before you attempt the roof. Also uses a safety harness
smile.gif
My idiot old neighbor(has money) feel off his working on it and broke his hip.

Apple watches do the heart monitoring and are pretty nice. Not sure how old of generation (cheaper) you can get.

I forget which Charge I have but I take mine off when I exercise. It wasn't very good at its job. Like reading half of what I'd be. A chest strap version works pretty well (I need to buy another one as I finally killed mine). I do some cycling and my average HR is 150 bpm when I bike, and I know what 120, 150, 180 bpm all feel like--and so when my Charge says 90 while I'm climbing a hill I know it's way off. Maybe it's user error but I found the chest strap to either work or not.

Originally Posted by andyd
They couldn't get a stent through an artery feeding the LF of my heart. But there are minor arteries handling the load. Except when the heart is working harder than the B team can deal with. The choice is a coronary by-pass operation or cardio -rehab .Exercise machines with monitors. 1 hr X 3 days a week. I'm taking dilators and 80mg of a statin.along with 2 others. It generic, so its cheap. The gist of cardio is to keep your pulse rate below 94 beats per min.I decided to get my stumps removed to make way for an upper plate. 5 teeth yanked , all broken. One was infected, a low grade infection that flared and went away when another tooth was pulled.. The oral surgeon got the bad un'. The infection was routed out with a super dremel. I feel like fricken Fred Astaire, I'm so limber. My intent is get tuned up enough to replace about 900 sq feet of roof. Do exercisers use them? are there any favored brands. AAA batts over coins? Thank you in advance
grin2.gif

You need to talk to your cardiologist. Not this forum. Also dental work and cardiac surgery do NOT go together well, etc. You really need to pay your docs a good visit.

Blood O2 is around 98%. I've been planning the roof job for yrs, I have 4 sections of heavy duty pipe staging My current plan is to use a 400 lb 120v winch set up in the center of the pipe tower, Tied in at top to house. Time is no particular issue. The pace will be glacial. I was planning the job around my diminished physical shape. The shape I was in when I re-stained and touched up the front of the house. The staging is no problem. Its gonna be a "dance hall". I have planks and ladders galore.and plenty of experience. The roof is a 6' pitch. walk-able Who would 've thought I'd get heart advice from an oil forum . Thanks guys you have given me much food for thought
grin2.gif

Originally Posted by billt460
Instead of those wrist thingy's, I bought one of those "clothespins" you stick on the end of your finger. It gives you your blood oxygen level, as well as your pulse, (heart rate). My cardio doctor uses them in his office and trusts their reliability. (Except for women who use dark fingernail polish).

Blood ox level is good to know, because it shows you just how much oxygen is being transferred into your blood. It normally should be between 97% and 99%. If it starts dropping off, it's usually a sign your clogging up. (Early signs of COPD and a host of other crap you don't want). They work fast and the battery lasts a long time. (I'm still on the original). They're not that expensive either. I think mine was around $40.00. All the drug stores and Wal-Mart have them.

Or get them on Amazon, lots of models out there but the ones that have 5-6000 reviews are in the $20 range, but there are ones that are as cheap as $13.

https://www.amazon.com/Zacurate-Fingertip-Oximeter-Saturation-Batteries/dp/B07PQ8WTC4

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back