Schaeffer's 9000 5w30 Supreme

Status
Not open for further replies.
Schaeffer's is one brand I never tried. Was highly thought of when I first joined BITOG.

I was looking at their latest PDS for their 5w30 full synthetic. Schaeffer's has arguably the best PDS's in the business. Their 5w30 is the only grade that stood out to me from a PDS perspective.

I also came across this video. This guy did his own volatility test between Schaeffer's, M1 and PUP. M1 and PUP did not lose any mass, however, they did smoke where as the Schaeffer's did not. I was surprised by that.

Noack for the Schaeffer's is a solid 7.9%.

*Their 0w40 and 0w20 specs don't look that great. Noack is high for both compared to the competition.

1680695439864.png

Last edited:
Bob sold Schaeffers oil . It is a top quality oil, but when what ever is on Walmart chelf will allow a properly maintained engine to out live its ownership by the first and second owners why spend more than needed?

I’ve been using this same oil in my F-150 for almost 60k miles with good results. From 30-100k I used PP 5w-20 and somewhere in that time my truck started progressively using more oil until it was at a quart every 4.5k when I switched to Schaeffer’s. After switching it began to decline on oil use to a quart every 7-7.5k. Whether it was changing to Schaeffer’s, going to 5w-30, or a combination of both the results have been a definite improvement! Also, Schaeffer’s pricing drops considerably the more you order (when through a sales rep.).

That said my next oil run will be HPL 5w-40 to see if I can eliminate any consumption altogether, and to try HPL.

I use it in the shop. I manage a mixed fleet of around 100 vehicles. From cars, trucks, buses, heavy equipment, etc. Everything gets Schaeffer's oil and grease and gear oil. All the equipment is hard usage because operators don't care. Sometimes really long OCI. Never a problem with any engines. No cam phaser issues, no vvt issues, no timing chain or other engine issues that are oil related. Have run Schaeffer's products for years.

I use it in the shop. I manage a mixed fleet of around 100 vehicles. From cars, trucks, buses, heavy equipment, etc. Everything gets Schaeffer's oil and grease and gear oil. All the equipment is hard usage because operators don't care. Sometimes really long OCI. Never a problem with any engines. No cam phaser issues, no vvt issues, no timing chain or other engine issues that are oil related. Have run Schaeffer's products for years.
You mentioned VVT and cam phaser issues. Have you ever seen Schaeffer's oil mitigate or eliminate the noise (rattle) associated with the cam phasers on start up, or just not develop the noise?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back