Samsung 32 inch 4K curved monitor at Costco

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just picked up the Samsung 4K 32 inch curved monitor at Costco for $369.00. It's for mama's gaming rig, and it performs quite well. It's a low end 4K monitor, without speakers and without multiple HDMI inputs or USB, No height adjustment. It does have tilt adjustment unlike some reviews claim.

It has an anti glare, matt finish that works quite well. The brightness is good, the resolution is stunning as is the picture quality.

But best of all, it's up to the task of her gaming activities. What a pleasure it is to have a nice big monitor during games. I even have come to like the curve, as it's a bit more "immersive" when playing. It's not noticed after a few minutes of use and it's not a negative in any way during regular computer use.

Last edited:
Yep, they are quite nice! Have a 32 inch LG at work.....
grin2.gif

I have two 24" Samsung curved monitors at both work and home, along with a 55" Samsung curved TV. I think the curved design is awesome, and does make it feel more immersive. My wife, who couldn't care less about TVs, even notes that it makes the TV feel like 'it's hugging you'. I've never had an issue with their TVs or monitors either, so I'll keep going back to the well once it's time to replace them.

Curved monitors have not been proven as a commercial success and there are fewer and fewer of them to chose from. Great if you are in the middle not so much if you are on the sides.

Last edited:
Originally Posted by Pelican
Curved monitors have not been proven as a commercial success and there are fewer and fewer of them to chose from. Great if you are in the middle not so much if you are on the sides.

That's actually not even true, although they have not gained a lot of traction in popularity- that I'll give you. However, one of the benefits of the curved TV is the viewing from extreme angles. Since you most likely don't own one (yet still have decided that your opinion on the matter needs heard), here is an article that breaks down the pros and cons of the curved versus standard screens. The short of it is, if you don't mind paying more for a better picture, the curved screen is the better option. If, in your opinion, the picture isn't that much better, then it's not worth the extra cost because curved TVs will demand a premium price.

Originally Posted by JustN89

That's actually not even true, although they have not gained a lot of traction in popularity- that I'll give you. However, one of the benefits of the curved TV is the viewing from extreme angles. Since you most likely don't own one (yet still have decided that your opinion on the matter needs heard), here is an article that breaks down the pros and cons of the curved versus standard screens. The short of it is, if you don't mind paying more for a better picture, the curved screen is the better option. If, in your opinion, the picture isn't that much better, then it's not worth the extra cost because curved TVs will demand a premium price.

One always has to justify one's choice even when bad! You're right I don't own one because I went and looked at them operating and did not like 2 things:
1)price
2)The picture if you're not sitting in the middle (as I've already said)
Perhaps these things don't matter to you, but they do to me!

Originally Posted by JustN89

One always has to justify one's choice even when bad! You're right I don't own one because I went and looked at them operating and did not like 2 things:
1)price
2)The picture if you're not sitting in the middle (as I've already said)
Perhaps these things don't matter to you, but they do to me!

I guess I just don't understand why/how you have an opinion on something you don't own. I don't have to justify my decision, because opinions on TV are just that, opinions. That said, you stated that it doesn't work well for people who don't sit directly in front of it, which is simply inaccurate. I'm glad your 5 minutes at the store convinced you otherwise. However, I also stated that
If, in your opinion, the picture isn't that much better, then it's not worth the extra cost because curved TVs will demand a premium price.
. You clearly decided it wasn't worth it for you. That doesn't make you an expert in the design though.
lol.gif

I'd just bring it back to Costco if was not what we wanted. For gaming, it makes for a incredibly nice, more immersive experience. 5 stars!

I'm hooked on the curved screens. Bought a 55" Samsung for ~$550 a few weeks ago. At first I thought it was kind of gimmicky, but it looked better than the TCL I was going to buy. After getting home and mounted, it looks great! It washes out significantly less than all the flat panels when viewed off angle IMO.

[Linked Image]

I dont think you can call any 32 inch computer monitor "low end" More so when just about everyone in this forum is using a 720 or 1080p or possibly a 2k. If that!
:eek:)
Looks good, nice job on the large screen
Yes, a year ago we bought a 65 Sony X900, our great room gets a lot of sun in the afternoon, high ceilings, large windows, no curtains, our 58inch 1080p Samsung and before that 1080p Pani plasma used to wash out in the afternoon sun. The Sony 4K still amazes us how it doesnt.
It didnt ever concern us much, we dont watch TV in the afternoons except for a rare occasion so was just an observation.

oops, I should point out the windows are treated with 3M 35% night vision film.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back