Sams Choice Cuban Style Mustard

Status
Not open for further replies.
If you like mustard, look for it in a Walmart Supercenter. Has a little spice to it, but is more about the unique flavor it adds to food.
[Linked Image]

Looks right up my alley, thanks! Kind of in the same theme, I found Hellmans Chipotle mayo at my Fairway once, and havent been able to find it since. If you can then try it out.

Tried it. Didn't care for it. My favorite is just plain ole horseradish mustard, coarse ground.

We forgo the store bought brands and make our own. Not only is it really simple, but way less expensive. I use a combination of brown and black mustard seeds, grind 'em up medium-coarse, and add ice cold water (never warm water-a good bite is achieved from cold water). Let it sit for a few minutes and then add the vinegar, salt and anything else (like honey or horseradish) that you want. For a home container about that size it probably costs 75 cents to make at home.

Originally Posted by Bud
Tried it. Didn't care for it. My favorite is just plain ole horseradish mustard, coarse ground.

Couldn't agree more
smile.gif

Looks good. Ill give it a shot. Thanks.

Heres another one... Gator Swamp Swamp Mustard. Excellent stuff. Its very liquid. Nice, tangy flavor.

Originally Posted by Fawteen
We forgo the store bought brands and make our own. Not only is it really simple, but way less expensive. I use a combination of brown and black mustard seeds, grind 'em up medium-coarse, and add ice cold water (never warm water-a good bite is achieved from cold water). Let it sit for a few minutes and then add the vinegar, salt and anything else (like honey or horseradish) that you want. For a home container about that size it probably costs 75 cents to make at home.

Do you have horseradish as a powder or you have the real deal in your garden? If yes, how big are the roots usually?

Thank you

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back