Sam Bankman-Fried found guilty on all seven criminal fraud counts

I remember the olden days when utilities were considered a sedate, low risk, possibly dividend paying stock to hold… Then Enron happened…
utilities still are, but in the current interest rate environment where a MMA pays 5% Utilities have lost some of their allure.

I was warning folks to stay away from the get rich quick schemes of cryptos and folks on YouTube, influencers, pro athletes and celebrities getting paid to pump this trash.

You either get lucky or you don't. I have a buddy who hopped on it early before it blew up publicly and sold a few months before it crashed. He was able to retire in his mid-20s as a multi-millionare. One of the rare success stories though.

Anybody remember the GameStop short and how a hedge fund was about to artificially tank it's value then raise it for their own benefit before the hedge fund was trolled by the general public? Then the SEC stepped in to protect the ****ty hedge fund?

You either get lucky or you don't. I have a buddy who hopped on it early before it blew up publicly and sold a few months before it crashed. He was able to retire in his mid-20s as a multi-millionare. One of the rare success stories though.

Anybody remember the GameStop short and how a hedge fund was about to artificially tank its evalue then raise it for their own benefit before the hedge fund was trolled by the general public? Then the SEC stepped in to protect the ****ty hedge fund?

Yep.

Tons of fraud and manipulation going on with the ‘regulated’ stock market. :unsure:

I have to admit that I was able to benefit greatly from the ongoing malfeasance over the past 5 years.

Oops. 🤐

Last edited:
Reactions: Pew
Both parents are law professors, and he was smart enough to graduate from MIT.

Dumb only in the sense that he got caught. And arrogant. Whatever sociopathic tendencies these kinds of people already have tend to come to the surface the more money/power/fame they attain. Not surprising for the tech bro/billionaire types who think that because they're rich, and have noble (in their own mind) goals, they can do no wrong, are the only ones who know how to solve societal ills, and don't have to listen to anyone else, or follow the rules, which are for others.

Sound familiar to other figures who are often in the news? Like a certain EV/rocket mogul? :ROFLMAO:

Well, his parents have certain things they didn't have before, to start. The sordid details are out there if one wishes to delve further.

Psychopath, Sociopath, NPD.

They are just different levels of evil. Non-empathetic individuals like them are self-serving. The only difference is how many others they take down with them, and whether they can play the part of "normie" well enough to get by in life.

Yes, he is pure evil. It's not the startup money he lost that makes him evil. He stole money directly from customer's accounts to cover his spending and losses. What he did is no different than if Vanguard was losing a lot of money and then liquidated customer's IRAs to cover their losses.

He is evil. His parents are evil. Hopefully Mob money was lost in the process and all three will be dealt with appropriately.
Agree

I agree, especially since his family can't get paid out from life insurance with suicide.
Not true in my case. Most insurance policies have a time clause.

For example, mine had a two year payment requirement (time, not money) and then it would cover suicide.

Could also depend on state laws, etc. Check where you are (state insurance commission could tell you)

Back