Sahara dust cloud impact on air filters?

I was listening to the radio this morning, but not paying close attention. They conversation was something about mechanics potentially getting more business from clogged air filters because of the dust storm crossing the Atlantic.

I haven't been following the story in detail, but does it seem reasonable for one to inspect their air filter because of this event and replace it if it is filled with 'dust'?

no worse than driving near a construction zone or down an old country road....just my opinion. Remember, talking heads on the radio are often challenged with something to talk about so they just let their mind wander and say ridiculous stuff.

Last edited:
Sandstorm aside, be sure to inspect or change the filter in as controlled an environment as possible. Opening the airbox is an easy opportunity to let some nasty stuff into the engine if you aren't careful.

Originally Posted by Joe1
I was listening to the radio this morning....

Was this an auto repair segment "sponsored" by a local auto repair shop too ?

If it does that to your air filter, imagine what it's doing to your lungs!!!
crazy2.gif

Originally Posted by CT8
The medias only good is it panics the people that are easy to panic.

They missed me. I had to google the dust cloud to see what all the fuss was about.

Unless you plan on going high up in the atmoshere, the dust won't do anything but give some spectaculiar sunsets. This happens every year. No big deal.

Last edited:
OH MY GOD I HAVE A K&N WHAT WILL I DO OH MY GODDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDD

Back