S&W M&P 2.0 9MM Range Time

Status
Not open for further replies.
I bought a full-size and a compact a while back and managed to finally get out to the range to fire them. Sent 300+ rounds of WWB (still dirty as ever!) downrange with no issues.

I found them to be very accurate and the new trigger design was very nice with a clean break. All in all, I really liked them at and
If you are looking for a really good, inexpensive pistol, then this should be on the top of your list.

I only have the 1.0 M&P9, but with an Apex trigger, and it's a beautiful gun to shoot. Fits great in the hand and IMO beats Glock hands down.

If you want an alternative to try I recommend the Walther PPS or G43x. Nice pistol you got there. Soon to be made in Missouri
banana2.gif

Originally Posted by Reddy45
I only have the 1.0 M&P9, but with an Apex trigger, and it's a beautiful gun to shoot. Fits great in the hand and IMO beats Glock hands down.

What criteria is used to determine it "beats a glock hands down"..really just curious.

Also no GOOD tactical instructor will recommend a lighter trigger pull on a SD firearm.

Last edited:
Originally Posted by Al
Also no GOOD tactical instructor will recommend a lighter trigger pull on a SD firearm.

No good tactical instructor would recommend an aftermarket trigger either.

Originally Posted by john_pifer
The .40 version can be found for $299 before any Smith & Wesson rebate. That's a smoking deal!
Yep; I posted that a short while back too. Sportman's Outdoor Superstore still has the .40 for $299 and the 9MM for $349 until the end of the month. I caught the 9MM versions when they were $329 and the shipping and transfer fees brought them to $349. Good deals all the way around.

I own an M&P FS 1.0 40, that I rotate into my EDC guns. I am wanting to get the trigger down to 4.5-5 lbs. Which APEX trigger/spring kit do you recommend?

Originally Posted by BlueOvalFitter

I own an M&P FS 1.0 40, that I rotate into my EDC guns. I am wanting to get the trigger down to 4.5-5 lbs. Which APEX trigger/spring kit do you recommend?

You probably want the "DCAEK" (duty/carry action enhancement kit) which will smooth out the action and I think has 2 different spring weights. You can then keep the stock trigger or go with the FSS (forward set sear) trigger which eliminates all the travel before the break.

My M&P9 has the steel FSS and the competition kit and the RAM (reset assist mechanism) and it's perfect for range use.

I also have a M&P45 with the duty kit and polymer FSS trigger and it's perfect for a home defense gun.

Originally Posted by 2015_PSD
I bought a full-size and a compact a while back and managed to finally get out to the range to fire them. Sent 300+ rounds of WWB (still dirty as ever!) downrange with no issues.

I found them to be very accurate and the new trigger design was very nice with a clean break. All in all, I really liked them at and
If you are looking for a really good, inexpensive pistol, then this should be on the top of your list.

My son just recently bought a 2.0 M&P Compact .40 caliber from Sportsman Outdoor Superstore. They were on sale for $299.99.
It's about the same size as a G23, but with a much better grip angle, IMO.

Originally Posted by BlueOvalFitter
My son just recently bought a 2.0 M&P Compact .40 caliber from Sportsman Outdoor Superstore. They were on sale for $299.99.
It's about the same size as a G23, but with a much better grip angle, IMO.

That is a killer deal! 5 years ago, I paid $358 for my SD40VE out the door!

L8R,
Matt

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back