Rumor - Possible Windows 11 Coming Soon

Originally Posted by CT8
An improved XP would be the better choice.

Exactly

I'm not impressed with Windows currently, so that's why I have no interest in abandoning Linux Mint until further notice.

I wonder if that's why PCWorld has the Windows 10 Pro retail for $40 till the end of the month?

Originally Posted by RazorsEdge
Originally Posted by CT8

Exactly

I'm not impressed with Windows currently, so that's why I have no interest in abandoning Linux Mint until further notice.

I went with Linux Mint just after Windows 8 and never looked back. Except for the Dual boot copy of Win 7 I keep around just incase I need Windows for something that linux does not support.

I'm actually really happy with windows 10 right now. I thought they were going to stick with windows 10 and just keep updating it?

I hope they keep it pretty much the same and don't screw it up, like they did XP!
27.gif

Sounds like a hoax, I think they should drop the 10 and just call it Windows.

I really like Windows 10. I was playing around with Linux distros for a while and at one point had all my machines on Linux, but now I'm back to Windows on everything.

Originally Posted by RazorsEdge
Originally Posted by CT8

Exactly

I agree, I have less problems with Linux Mint. There are certain things I use Win 10 for, but 90% of my computer chores are done on a Linux machine. I'm looking forward to Cinnamon 20, maybe I will cut all ties to Windows.

Originally Posted by CT8

I made a leap from Win XP to Win10 and my antique high end hardware Win 10 sings on it. I am happy with it for kids. Win XP and Win 7 is/was a dog same hardware.

Windows 10 just gave me a new Edge browser during a recent update... didn't even look at it.

Windows 10 is like a Ronco Rotisserie, Set it and Forget it.

Honestly I really like Windows 10. Can't quite figure out why everyone has problems.

Last edited:
Windows XP was awesome in its time but that time is long over. I don't know why everyone looks back on it so fondly unless it's purely out of nostalgia. Computers were certainly way more fun back then, I'll give you that.

at some point they will want the revenue bump from new version. Did they ever do the subscription thing or is it still buy and own.

Rod

There have been serious issues with many recent software releases. Win10, iOS and Android all seem to have some major issues.

Regarding Win10, seems search and some other features were not working well. I did put Win10 2004 on a backup laptop to see if it works and it seems to work okay so far (less than a week)

I'm still on 1909 on all other boxes. I'll probably archive a 2004 sometime just before the next release comes out as the bugs should be reasonably sorted by then.

But this isn't unique to M$ as I advised my wife to not update to the most recent IOS on her iPhone 11 as there have been some reports of screen issues on devices with the screen technology used by that model.

I just don't feel the need to be at the bleeding edge for anything important.

I do have a VM on Windows insider slow track, just to see what's coming soon...

Originally Posted by Hermann
Windows 10 just gave me a new Edge browser during a recent update... didn't even look at it.

Windows 10 is like a Ronco Rotisserie, Set it and Forget it.

Honestly I really like Windows 10. Can't quite figure out why everyone has problems.

Originally Posted by daves87rs
I thought it was dead....windows 11 was for businesses and such......

That's similar to what I read. Windows 11 is for business machines.

But..... Zee0Six has NEVER lied to me before.....
lol.gif

Last edited:
+1 just drop the version and call it windows. The win10 LTSC version will be supported till 2029. This corp version has all the garb stripped out and is very functional/ and rock solid stable.

Back