Royal Purple

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've searched and can't really find any comments on the stuff. What do you guys think of it? I'm about to fill my 7.3 Powerstroke with it and would like to know a little more about it than their website says.

Its a good oil from what I hear. I am running it in my Focus right now. The only thing is that I dont know if it will give you proper protection in a diesel motor. They are API certified and they do recommend 8 to 10k on a diesel motor before you switch to it. Good luck.

Eric

I am using it in a 95 PSD with no problems. The truck starts good, no consumption so far and the engine runs good with it. Seems like a good oil for winter use also. I have had it in mine since Feb 2004. Also I use Royal Purple 75W140 in the rear diff, plus the Royal Purple DexronIII/Mercon in the transmission.

cheers.gif

They say to use the 15W40 in a Diesel so that's what I got. I've got plenty of miles on mine, 110k. I've used Amsoil in that past but it's a little pricey, oil samples always came back looking good after 10k miles, I'm hoping RP will do the same.

Ive heard that the RP is about as good as it gets in a 15w-40 oil.

I use it in my father's van's differential, gave a bit of a mpg boost and works quite well.

JMH

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back