Rotella T6 15w-40 Is JASO MA2 Rated

Picked up a Gallon last night from the local wallyworld. Sure enough its MA2 rated for our bikes. It may just what we have been waiting for....

[Linked Image]

a lot of happy users with the conventional 15-40 so the fake synthetic 15-40 should be even better on the cheap!

I'll be keeping an eye out at WM for this stuff, not here yet. Lots of bikers happy with the T6 5W-40, but I would prefer the 15W-40 for the shared sump.

Originally Posted by krismoriah72
Unobtainable here.

Soon Friend.

Oil change coming up!

I was about to pick up a gallon, but couldn't resist the last 7 quarts of M1 4T 10w-40 for $5/qt. Valvoline 10w40 dino m/c oil was on clearance at $2.50/quart..
[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

Last edited:
My local Walmart had 4 jugs today (they did not yesterday). I picked one up.. going to give it a shot in my 2019 RZR turbo.

Anybody else running this yet?

I'm tempted to dump my T5 Blend and test it out

Finish out the OCI with the T5 15w40. It turned in a great UOA in my ZRX1200 over the course of 3,700 miles in terms of staying in grade and wear numbers.

I want to see the add-pack numbers on the new T6 we are discussing. Haven't found it at my Wally World yet, look forward to seeing it show up.

I just saw this oil the other day and I was surprised. I've been using Delvac 1300 in my VStrom 1000 with great results but I thought I've been reading that HDEOs have been changing recipes? This is making me nervous about using them.

I live in Michigan and it's cold but I really don't start riding until it gets in the high forties. The Suzuki 1000 v twin can suffer clutch shudder and idle hanger and the heavier oil is supposed to help. I may have give this T6 15w40 a try.

My main concern is the zinc and phosphorus numbers. Bikes are still flat tappet for the most part, 1100-1200ppm (or more) is where I would hang my hat for zinc and 100 ppm less for phosphorus. Getting down in the sub-1000 ppm range just isn't where I want to be.

With that said, can anyone tell me the main job of boron? Does it make up for lower zinc levels as an anti-wear, is it a better cleaning agent than anti-wear, etc. I have read the info on the forum, but am curious if there is one function it does more/better than other functions?

Last edited:
Originally Posted by Goodkat
The Suzuki 1000 v twin can suffer clutch shudder and idle hanger and the heavier oil is supposed to help.

As I understand it, the clutch shudder on these bikes is due to worn primary drive (clutch basket) damper springs.

I think you're right. Mine doesn't suffer from clutch shudder but it does have the slight idle hammer which can start early and some have noticed it after the first 600 oil change.

I read that Rekluse recommends HDEO 15-40 in these applications and that 10w-40 synthetics can make it seem worse.

There are a couple people or companies that sell modified baskets that remedy the issues and it's beyond me why Suzuki won't just fix it.

Found some in my local Wal Mart today. I'll try in in my 1000 VStrom on my next oil change.

My Strom 1000 is getting it too but I won't be able to test it until April at the earliest.

I don't even see this oil on their website yet.

IMG_20190307_173905.jpg

IMG_20190307_173928.jpg

You guys are getting me excited! I hope my Walmart stocks it soon, we are in a heavy diesel truck area of PA!

I've been mixing Valvoline MC conventional oil of 20w50 and 10w40 for my bike to combat the sheering.

For those with shared sump and using T5 15w40 how is that? I thought it wasn't rated JASO MA?

Could my '02 Honda CBR 600 F4i use T5 without a problem? I get tired of the high priced MC oils

Originally Posted by JeepWJ19
You guys are getting me excited! I hope my Walmart stocks it soon, we are in a heavy diesel truck area of PA!

I've been mixing Valvoline MC conventional oil of 20w50 and 10w40 for my bike to combat the sheering.

For those with shared sump and using T5 15w40 how is that? I thought it wasn't rated JASO MA?

Could my '02 Honda CBR 600 F4i use T5 without a problem? I get tired of the high priced MC oils

T5 15w-40 IS NOT JASO MA/MA2 rated. T4/T6 is. Why ? Dunno ....

Back