Rotella Gas Truck or QSUD?

My question is exactly what the title is. I have a 2010 Hyundai Santa Fe (2.4L) with 120k miles, I have been using QSUD and OEM filters for its changing since I purchased it at 100k. But Shell gas and truck is on clearance for $11 for 5 quart jugs and I have some speed perks. Do you think I should run a couple cycles with it since its cheap or just stay the course? Or does it even matter. lol Thanks!

My question is exactly what the title is. I have a 2010 Hyundai Santa Fe (2.4L) with 120k miles, I have been using QSUD and OEM filters for its changing since I purchased it at 100k. But Shell gas and truck is on clearance for $11 for 5 quart jugs and I have some speed perks. Do you think I should run a couple cycles with it since its cheap or just stay the course? Or does it even matter. lol Thanks!

I would switch to Mobil Super Synthetic.

Great question. I have the same dilemma. Here's my solution. I'm going to use a green funnel when I change with RGT and a red funnel when I change to QSUD. Both 0w-20 and my vehicle will never suspect a thing.
I think that’s a good idea 👍🏼

Go with the RGT, it's a solid oil. It's been speculated that it's just rebadged QSUD but I don't know for sure. PQIA tested the 5W-20 and it has very low NOACK.

Is RGT being discontinued for sure?

Go with the RGT, it's a solid oil. It's been speculated that it's just rebadged QSUD but I don't know for sure. PQIA tested the 5W-20 and it has very low NOACK.

Is RGT being discontinued for sure?
It is being discontinued at AAP, but walmart and others are still showing it at regular retail. So it might just be leaving AAP/CQ.

Here is a comparison from last year along with some other Shell products.

688A102A-2576-459B-9C45-6FCDBD798A63.jpg

It is being discontinued at AAP, but walmart and others are still showing it at regular retail. So it might just be leaving AAP/CQ.

It's cheap, it seems like good oil, heck, there is no reason to ever buy Supertech over RGT, so what are we missing? What's the downside of RGT?

Looks like that Rotella is alittle stouter than the QSUD, I don't see where the 're bottled' comes from.

I see the same thing. I think it was just some.speculation due to similar VOAs. I think that She'll doesn't really know how to market this oil. They pissed away a lot of money and sponsorship and advertising this oil. I think that selling it for $14.99 nationwide for the next 90 days land the make the price permanent at $17.99 would do wonders for them.

I see the same thing. I think it was just some.speculation due to similar VOAs. I think that She'll doesn't really know how to market this oil. They pissed away a lot of money and sponsorship and advertising this oil. I think that selling it for $14.99 nationwide for the next 90 days land the make the price permanent at $17.99 would do wonders for them.
I agree. I thinks it a good product but they don’t know how to ‘use it’ and it causes it to collect dust on the shelf. So now, I’ll let it collect dust on my shelf. 👍🏼

Back