Rollback: Quaker State Ultimate Durability 5W30 Synthetic

I hate shilling for Walmart but dang nowadays I have to maximize my budget. 5 quarts at DEXOS certified name brand synthetic for $13.96 + tax. Perfect for the CTS 3.0.

Originally Posted by daves87rs
Since they tend to not match it in store, I bought some online just in case....
They are going against policy if this is the case. Ask for a CSM if they deny to price match. They will price match Walmart.com as long as its sold by Walmart, not a 3rd party, and its in stock.

Originally Posted by FordBroncoVWJeta
They are going against policy if this is the case. Ask for a CSM if they deny to price match. They will price match Walmart.com as long as its sold by Walmart, not a 3rd party, and its in stock.
I have long, long said that the prices online should match the sticker price in the stores... There are people hired just to do price changes ( aka putting a new price tag sticker on the shelves ) in a store... And the prices in store should match what people see online. If it's $13.96 online... The shelf tag should be changed to $13.96 has well. .

There are signs all over our Walmart that they don't price match. If the price online is cheaper than you order online then have it picked up at store but here is the kicker "they have to pull it within 2 hours". I have got angry over this a couple of years ago and went to store manager with all I got was this is policy here is 20.00 credit for your trouble.

And this proves my point ^^^^^^^^^ 2 different prices without question guarantees someone will be mad about there being 2 different prices.... online vs in store... And that is stupid in my opinion.... Why create a circumstance where you are going to have people p oed about pricing?? Makes zero sense. Zero. In retail you have enough World Champions to deal with. And enough bad circumstances to deal with... Why add another one that is stupid right from the jump?? It's crazy. I feel for those poor people working at Wally world...

Wal-Mart ended price matching in the store and replaced it with there "Savings Catcher" a few years ago, then they turned around and killed the savings catcher and don't do price matching, although they seem to do no hassle returns, you can return most things to Wallyworld absolutely no questions asked if you ordered online you can start the return online and return it to the store.

This price got me to step foot in a Wallyworld for the first time in three months. I ordered it online and picked it up at the orange tower of doom. It was my first time using the online pickup machine and it was real easy.

Definitely didn't need it, but I was thinking about switch the Santa Fe to a 5W-30 instead of keeping it on the 5w-20 and I was already running QSUD in it. So I did what any BITOG'er would do. I bought some. thumbsup

+1 ... I have had that happen before with the WM store not honoring an on - line price !

That is an amazing shelf price for a name brand full synthetic. Actually it's not a shelf price, you have to buy it online to get that price. But still.

Originally Posted by DGXR
That is an amazing shelf price for a name brand full synthetic. Actually it's not a shelf price, you have to buy it online to get that price. But still.
I went to the store and showed them the online price. This also happened about a month ago when the price was $14.90 something. They don't change the price on the shelf and it will ring up at $17.97. I haven't bought QS in many years, now I have 4 jugs, 2 years worth. The shelf price is $5 cheaper than Pennzoil, M1, Castrol, etc. on rollback. This isn't considered bargain brand, is it? Like Tide v. the bargain detergent. No racing teams to fund?

Originally Posted by Randy_R
Originally Posted by DGXR
I went to the store and showed them the online price. This also happened about a month ago when the price was $14.90 something. They don't change the price on the shelf and it will ring up at $17.97. I haven't bought QS in many years, now I have 4 jugs, 2 years worth. The shelf price is $5 cheaper than Pennzoil, M1, Castrol, etc. on rollback. This isn't considered bargain brand, is it? Like Tide v. the bargain detergent. No racing teams to fund?
Quaker State is a notch below Pennzoil but above Formula Shell I guess in the SOPUS hierarchy, but that being said comparing QS to Pennzoil is probably more along the lines of comparing Tide to Gain, than comparing Tide or Gain to Era.