Rock Auto Fram Pro Synthetic Filters 2.42/ea + Shipping

Rock Auto has 3 styles of Fram pro synthetic filters on closeout for 2.42/ea + Shipping, if you buy a dozen of them it's only like $3/pc after shipping.
They have the FPS5 which is the long filter for Small block Chevy motors
They have the FPS8A, which fits tons of stuff with 3/4-16 threaded mounts, commonly used as an oversize for cars calling for a 16, 3600, or 3614 modeled Fram filter.
The last style they have is the FPS3593A which fits several asian vehicles and may fit as an oversize on vehicles calling for 6607 or 7317 Frams.

The last style they have is the FPS3593A which fits several asian vehicles and may fit as an oversize on vehicles calling for 6607 or 7317 Frams.
The Fram 3593A series filter is an upsize for the 9688 series filter being one-third longer with every other dimension being nearly equal.

I ordered a FPS8A from Rock Auto to use on a 1998 Ford Explorer Sport. The box was a little beat up but the filter is in perfect condition. It is listed as being good for 15,000 miles and 99% @ 20 microns per ISO 4548-12 that tested this specific filter.

The FPS2 (mainly Fords) is also on sale for under $3. This is a good deal if you know you're going to keep the vehicle for a few years. Unfortunately the other vehicles I take care of did not have Pro series available for so not sure if I'll bother...

I figured out I can find all of them using a "FPS*" in the part search, they also have the FPS3980 for $2.42, which fits a bunch of GM V6s and V8s with Metric threads.

I wish I could get in on those FPS5's but GM designed the filter mount on my Vortec 4200 to exactly fit filters ~3in in diameter, so you can't use the larger small block filters on it.

Not a bad deal.
Six 3593a would be $24 shipped, and fits 3 vehicles I service.
Problem is I already have 4 filters in my stash for them, and that will take me almost 2 years to use those.

JC1

Not a bad deal.
Six 3593a would be $24 shipped, and fits 3 vehicles I service.
Problem is I already have 4 filters in my stash for them, and that will take me almost 2 years to use those.
I'm in the same boat. Just ordered two of them for the civic and that will take 4 years to use. I just changed the filter that I bought 2+ years ago. At that rate 12 filters would take me 24 years to use.

D60

Thanks blufeb, a great way to use exactly $24.00 on my virtual Visa from the Mobil TDT WM clearance, since RA allows you to split payment to 2 different sources when ordering.

Don't forget to use a 5% discount code!