Rislone confusion.

Came across this picture, as I was planning to get a quart of "Engine Treatment". It's not available in any stores, but is available on Amazon, #100QR. What is available in stores is its little brother, #4102. According to this chart - they do the same thing.
That raises questions for me. Is #100QR just a #4102 that's diluted with half quart of carrier oil? Is one stronger than the other?
#4102 "Engine Treatment Concentrate" (stronger concentration?) can be had for $4.74 for 16.9oz bottle. While the #100QR "Engine Treatment" is $5.99 for 32oz bottle. (That's if you buy packs of 6 on Amazon. A single bottle is more expensive.)

91GU1eD6HML._AC_SL1500_.jpg

I honestly don't think that a multimillion dollar company would make two separate products, that do exactly the same thing, based purely on that^ consideration...

I think the full qt. bottle is being replaced and now the "high mileage" 16 oz looks just like the full qt did. The chart is dated as Rislone no longer lists Nanoprime on its site but you can still buy it for more money than they charged when they were making it...

Recall reading in one of their blogs the original quart version was for older vehicles with larger sumps, while concentrated version was made for "more modern vehicles which require less oil".

I assumed a smaller bottle made it easier to dump it all in without severally diluting the motor oils additive package.

If memory serves correct the 2019 Accord with the 1.5T only takes something like 3.5 quarts of oil filter included (I believe). So a 1 quart bottle is pretty close to 30% total oil, the average consumer is dumb, they will probably dump in a full bottle regardless.

Recall reading in one of their blogs the original quart version was for older vehicles with larger sumps, while concentrated version was made for "more modern vehicles which require less oil".

I assumed a smaller bottle made it easier to dump it all in without severally diluting the motor oils additive package.

If memory serves correct the 2019 Accord with the 1.5T only takes something like 3.5 quarts of oil filter included (I believe). So a 1 quart bottle is pretty close to 30% total oil, the average consumer is dumb, they will probably dump in a full bottle regardless.
I think that’s partly correct. The smaller concentrated version is for modern cars with small sumps and the larger bottles for older larger sumps. I suspect they are phasing the qt size bottles out as they are harder to find now? Analysis have shown that the qt size containers are formulated like a motor oil with additives added along with esters for cleaning. So I wouldn’t worry about it diluting the oil.
I was able to order several of both formulas for cheap from Jb tools some time back but don’t see the qt size bottles there anymore now.

Back