Ridiculous prices for minor little Nissan parts.

I suggest you check with various dealership parts. 3 years ago, I changed tranny fluid of my 2006 Sentra and paid $10/quart. Earlier this year, I found out that another dealer is selling it for $2/qt. I doubt that the tranny fluid prices have dropped so much.

That's why I keep telling people to just buy a Mercedes, the parts prices aren't that crazy compared to other imports, at least for regular parts. One good thing is that the cars are sold worldwide not just one or two markets like some imports/domestics.
What would be a Camry version? 60 series tires on steel rims, cheap running costs. Bonus points if it can tow, for some reason Camry doesn’t recommend it, doesn’t have to be a lot.

To be fair the OP is comparing Nissan dealer prices to GM parts on ebay pricing which isn't the same thing. Also remember that many automakers let the dealers charge whatever they please (for parts), one dealer in town can charge $10 for a part while another can charge $26 for the exact same part.

My 2009 Hyundai Genesis V8 used the 6 speed ZF Transmission.
Transmission Fluid cost something like $85 a quart ( or liter). Did not matter if bought from Hyundai or direct from ZF. Now Hyundai/Kia use an in-house transmission whereas the fluid costs around $8 a quart.

To be fair the OP is comparing Nissan dealer prices to GM parts on ebay pricing which isn't the same thing. Also remember that many automakers let the dealers charge whatever they please (for parts), one dealer in town can charge $10 for a part while another can charge $26 for the exact same part.
That's the whole point of MSRP, you can charge whatever you like all the time. MSRP is only a suggested price. I think pretty much all the dealers do that. But I call around to different dealers to see what the prices are, some charge retail and some mark up their retail. The dealers closer to the city charge more for parts and the ones further away are less. I think I needed a hose once and a dealer an extra 10 miles away was $30 cheaper. Wasn't busy so I just drove the extra 10 miles to save $30. If they all had to charge the same price, that would be a Sherman anti-trust thing.

Yep, F nissan.

One of my rear passenger door sail panels flew off one day, like 8" by 3" piece of ABS plastic. It was $110-120 from the dealer. F off.

Back