Ribs on the Trager smoker then finished on the Weber gas grill

GON

$100 Site Donor 2024
Smoked these pork ribs for five hours at 180 degrees on the Trager electric smoking grill, then five minutes each side on the Weber grill with Sweet Baby Ray's original sauce. Ribs were from Costco, they came "pre dry rubbed".

Very easy main course to cook, as I did a brake job on the F350 while cooking.

PXL_20210508_233651788.jpg
PXL_20210508_235258270.jpg
PXL_20210508_235354843.jpg

Looks great! I’ve never bought the pre-seasoned ones from Costco. I get the 3 pack of babybacks for $24ish there and season myself.

Were they tender? I go 5-6 hours at 215-220 usually with them wrapped in foil the last few hours with some apple juice and butter in there. My wife likes them falling off the bone and the foil with a bit of liquid braises them basically. I won’t win any competitions like that but people love them.

Looks great! I’ve never bought the pre-seasoned ones from Costco. I get the 3 pack of babybacks for $24ish there and season myself.

Were they tender? I go 5-6 hours at 215-220 usually with them wrapped in foil the last few hours with some apple juice and butter in there. My wife likes them falling off the bone and the foil with a bit of liquid braises them basically. I won’t win any competitions like that but people love them.
RH, I had a lot of work to do this weekend, we are moving from Utah to South Carolina. I have two F-350s to get ready for hauling four trailers, and that is just the start of work to be done. So I am looking for very simple meals that can be easily cooked that my Wife will think I put effort into.

Never ever thought to buy pre-seasoned uncooked ribs before, but have limited time- so went for it. Worked out real well. Not as moist as I suspect yours were, but definitely enjoyable and very easy and hassle free to cook.

No smoker here.
I cut them into 2 rib portions, max flavoring that way.
Dry rub them day before, indirect heat at 275F for 3 hours, grill with favorite BBQ sauce for about 20 minutes.
Not quite fall off the bone, but have a nice chew.

Back