Restoring an old car...

Hopefully it’s not a trend.

I'm 99.9% certain that it's from corrosion (rust). I'll take a sample of the flush oil at 1000 miles and see how it looks then. If a lot of cleaning happens, I expect the results may actually get worse before getting better.

An UOA on some awful looking oil in a car that's been sitting for over 4 years isn't very useful, kind of like a physician insisting on testing the BMI of a clearly obese patient. Both test can guarantee that you won't be pleasantly surprised.

An UOA on some awful looking oil in a car that's been sitting for over 4 years isn't very useful, kind of like a physician insisting on testing the BMI of a clearly obese patient. Both test can guarantee that you won't be pleasantly surprised.

That was kinda the point. I did it out of curiosity to see just how bad it actually looked.

She wants to be run. If you run any more UOAs on the oil it will be interesting to see if those wear metal numbers go down. Compression looks good and even.

What oil are you running right now?

She wants to be run. If you run any more UOAs on the oil it will be interesting to see if those wear metal numbers go down. Compression looks good and even.

What oil are you running right now?

It's a 50/50 blend.

2 quarts Havoline Syn-Blend 5w-30
2 quarts High Performance Lubricants HP SAE 30 flush oil

Back