Restore Experiment

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted By: expat
I had a friend that used Restore in an old Snapper ride on lawn mower. The 8 or 10 hp B&S was really on it's last legs, burning oil like crazy.
He said he tried Restore because it had a 'Money back if you are not satisfied' guarantee. It did make the oil burning a little better, for a short time.
But he returned the empty can to Canadian Tire and got his money back all the same.

In the right application, I might give it a try.

Hey look at it this way, he got his money back, no red tape, no jumping through hoops, no arguments. That sounds pretty good to me. Good on them.

Originally Posted By: SteveSRT8
^^^Yeah, a company that backs up their product with an ironclad warranty is impressive these days, eh?

Yep there are a few out there along with the charlatans.

^^I guess you could say its a real satisfaction guarantee. Use with confidence, if it doesn't work you're out nothing! No loss of shipping money, or used product. Not a bad deal in my book!

Originally Posted By: Vikas
I will ask once again. So what harm is done if you have to use this $8 product at every oil change?

In my case with the beaters (see previous post) it HAD to be put in at every oil change to achieve any benefit. Without the Restore the old smokers just reverted back to smoking and consuming oil big time.

Originally Posted By: RTexasF
Originally Posted By: Vikas
I will ask once again. So what harm is done if you have to use this $8 product at every oil change?

In my case with the beaters (see previous post) it HAD to be put in at every oil change to achieve any benefit. Without the Restore the old smokers just reverted back to smoking and consuming oil big time.

That's exactly what happens with the product, but while its in the sump it helps.

My question World be, Sometimes an engine will be consuming oil at such a rate 'Changing the oil' seems wasteful, you are spending enough just to maintain oil in the oil pan.
This was the case with my friends mower. He was reluctant to Keep adding Restore indefinitely.
But I guess at that point it do'sent really matter.

Does Restore still have the Money back offer on the can?

Originally Posted By: expat
My question World be, Sometimes an engine will be consuming oil at such a rate 'Changing the oil' seems wasteful, you are spending enough just to maintain oil in the oil pan.
This was the case with my friends mower. He was reluctant to Keep adding Restore indefinitely.
But I guess at that point it do'sent really matter.

Does Restore still have the Money back offer on the can?

I guess it depends on just how bad the engine is, what's causing the oil burning, etc. I'd say its worth a shot. As mentioned your friend could always get his money back if the product doesn't work.

Man, some of you BITOG'ers are nuts. I was simply trying to report some updates on my use of Restore, and this thread is already out of control. LOL!! Gotta love it when ego, pride, fear, and E-tough get all mixed together in the same place.

I'm happy with my truck and the results of Restore. I'll be curious to report back again if and when soemthing changes.

Everyone chill out. Take a deep breath, put your can of AutoRx down, take off your AutoRx cape and Under-Roo's, and accept the fact that you aren't gonna change anyone's mind over an internet forum. Personal experience is the most valuable tool we have.

Originally Posted By: Phishin
Personal experience is the most valuable tool we have.

Amen.

Now that Skyship's gone, at least. I, for one, valued that tool's posts simply for the absurdity of most of them.

Originally Posted By: KeMBro2012

Now that Skyship's gone, at least. I, for one, valued that tool's posts simply for the absurdity of most of them.

He's not gone, he was posting this morning. Did you really think he'd leave? LOL

Originally Posted By: demarpaint
Originally Posted By: KeMBro2012

He's not gone, he was posting this morning. Did you really think he'd leave? LOL

He's gone from this board. He did name one or two boards that he was still going to post on, though, so I'm not surprised that he's still posting elsewhere
laugh.gif

Originally Posted By: demarpaint
Yea but he did say he was leaving didn't he? Or did I take it all wrong?
smile.gif

Yeah he specifically stated he'd still be posting in PCMO and OUAs.

I'm curious, Phishin: Are you going to just keep using Restore as long as it keeps the truck running well, or will you be replacing the engine soon, regardless?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back