Request: Castrol Edge 5w30 A3/B4 Titanium + Total IENO 5w30 MC3

Hi All,

I live in NZ and am wanting to get two virgin analysis's done on the following oils:
I understand these tests cost, and as I'm unwilling to send these off to a lab myself, (I no longer have virgin samples and don't want to buy two kinds of oil just for testing) I'd be happy to purchase the results off someone else who has done it.

If so, please let me know and I'll be happy to paypal you some cash for the documents.

I'm just interested in the chemical composition, and want to make a decision around what one to put in my 2006 530I E60 N52B30.

Thanks heaps,

~BMW OIL MAN

Good question, I suppose I try to make an semi educated guess at what has the most additives, highest TBN, and lots of googling, other than that, I'm not too sure.

Well me neither, if two oils have the same approval that’s required for your vehicle I don’t know what a VOA shows that makes one better than another.

Its interesting none the less, and you're totally right, read the bloody manual and change as instructed, easy.

The total is LL04 low saps, while the Edge is LL01 and mid saps from what I understand, the vehicle doesn't have a DPF, and both seem fine.
I'll be doing oil and filter every 10000 KM's regardless.

Back