Replacing brake pedal rubber

Status
Not open for further replies.

I recently noticed that my brake pedal rubber with the disc brake disc in the middle had cracked from top to bottom on my A body. I bought a new set of replacement pads which came with the regular pedal and emergency pedal rubber. I am sure it will be easy to get the old stuff off but is there a secret in getting the new stuff on?

Should just slide on. You might want to use a bit of water or silicone spray as a lubricant to aid the process of stretching the pedal rubber to fit onto the metal, but make sure that you clean any lubricant off of the pedal surface once you're done.

Originally Posted by Trav
Grab the wife's hair spray. Seriously.

Exactly! Works good for motorcycle grips, etc. I'm still trying to figure out how to get the hair spray off the drivers side window of every car she has had. I've had to use a razor blade since I didn't have the right stuff.

Last edited:
Originally Posted by Traction

Exactly! Works good for motorcycle grips, etc. I'm still trying to figure out how to get the hair spray off the drivers side window of every car she has had. I've had to use a razor blade since I didn't have the right stuff.

Lacquer thinner should do it. A lot of hairspray is lacquer, at least the aqua-net i used to fuel my potato gun was.

Last edited:
Originally Posted by spasm3
Originally Posted by Traction

Lacquer thinner should do it. A lot of hairspray is lacquer, at least the aqua-net i used to fuel my potato gun was.

Aqua-net was the good stuff. Worked better than other brands. Still available?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back