Replaced kitchen faucet

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yesterday afternoon / last night , with the assistance of my Wife .

Sore & stiff , today . New faucet works well , no leaks that I know of .

Praise the Lord ! :)

Well done!
I just installed(Thanksgiving week) a new Pfister gooseneck w/pullout sprayer and soap dispenser in place of the old sprayer. You know the style, they all look the same from 10'.

No leaks, wife's happy.
smile.gif

It's a pain to climb into the cabinet and be under the kitchen sink.glad it worked out!

I just replaced a cartridge on Delta sink tap that was leaking a bit of water on the counter top. The guy at Home Depot told me both Delta and Moen had lifetime warranties so we rummaged through his supply of cartridges he had in the back room. I found one that looked similar but wasn't convinced it it would fit. It contained the cartridge plus the spring and washer that sits below it. He gave me that one for free. We then went over to the plumbing section and I picked out a cartridge that looked identical along with the spring and rubber washer, (sold separately). Funny, it was in a Moen branded package.

Unfortunately I lost the little grey spacer that limits the motion of the handle. It must have fallen out as we were handling the original cartridge.

Long story short, I ordered two cartridges from Amazon.ca that come with the spacer and I cleaned up the original cartridge and re-installed it with the spring and washer from the free cartridge kit he gave me and a spacer from an identical tap in the lower levell bathroom that has two sinks. The cartridge itself was the wrong one. The new ones are on the way. I'm returning the Moen cartridge.
smile.gif

Here is the "stoopid" spacer that went missing.

3C47442F-276B-4D23-A90C-B67D46BBE1D8.jpeg

Last edited:
When ever I do any plumbing work around the house, I always check for leaks by touching each fitting and looking at my hand for water.
You can not really feel a leak / only see it.

Your skin detects three things.
1) Pain
2) Temperature
3) Pressure
NOT WETNESS

Suggestion:
1) Buy a Water Alarm at any big Hardware Store and keep under the sink / cost is $12.00
2) Install a Motion Activated Light (battery powered) under sink so when you open the door, you can see better.

Never pay for any part ever for a Moen faucet. Call 1-800buymoen and they will send you replacement parts for free. It is part of their lifetime guarantee.

no matter what if you can DIY anything you get savings + satisfaction!! it may take longer but since its yours you will prolly do a better job than a pro + todays youtubes as well as the internet is a helpful blessing for sure!!

I had to replace the drain basket strainers in our kitchen. It wasn't a bad job but I had to have YouTube or a manual since I'd never seen it done.

I replaced ours a few months ago. What a pain! If I was in a position to see what I was doing I couldn't reach it. If I was positioned to reach it I couldn't see it.

Originally Posted by walterjay
Never pay for any part ever for a Moen faucet. Call 1-800buymoen and they will send you replacement parts for free. It is part of their lifetime guarantee.

Depending on the rep, some won't if you don't have the original receipt. Our house was built with MOEN faucets but they wouldn't honor the warranty for me (we aren't the original owners either). They also don't warranty every part in a faucet. Our single-handle kitchen faucet had a piece broken and I was told their lifetime warranty doesn't apply to that particular part. It's the black piece in this kit.

Originally Posted by walterjay

Yup. Delta also has sent me many replacement parts for free. Very cool.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back