06 Toyota matrix, went with the powerstop evolution kit, coated rotors
IMG_9896.jpeg

Old rotor
IMG_9893.jpeg

New rotor
IMG_9892.jpeg

Old and new pad difference
IMG_9894.jpeg

I can't speak for the rotors, but I've put the Z23 Evolution brakes on the front of both of my cars, and I am very happy with them. Great stopping power, quiet, and no apparent dust. They will be my go to brake pads for now.

Looks like the coating on the Element 3 rotors I just put on her Altima yesterday. Anyone know if these last shorter or longer than the geomet coating?

Attachments

• IMG_4256.jpeg
    IMG_4256.jpeg
    208.7 KB · Views: 17
  • IMG_4258.jpeg
    IMG_4258.jpeg
    243.4 KB · Views: 17
Nope, not here. Powerstop actually does use real Geomet :D

They have a hologram sticker that says Genuine Geomet on it, and their product description says Genuine Geomet 360 with the circled R and TM trademarks, too.
Very hard to believe…

Very hard to believe…

the clearly state Genuine Geomet 360 several times. There is a difference between marketing terms and actually using a registered trademark :unsure:

If you really think they're not actually using real Geomet despite using the name and trademark, contact NOF and report them :sneaky:

If NOF has a case, and the Powerstop does not use Genuine Geomet 360 as claimed, they can sue Powerstop for using the name and trademark without a license. If NOF successfully sues and gets a lot of money, they might give you a reward. If they give you a reward, you owe me some of it for giving you the idea ;)

I know there are plenty of imitations, but Powerstop seems to actually be real Geomet. There are 63 licensed applicators in China alone

I can't speak for the rotors, but I've put the Z23 Evolution brakes on the front of both of my cars, and I am very happy with them. Great stopping power, quiet, and no apparent dust. They will be my go to brake pads for now.
Z23, you mean drilled and slotted with the ceramic pads? The drilled holes fill up with rust, at least in the north where I am which makes them rough and noisy. Need a small round file to clean them out. Got them for a great price but never ever again.

Z23, you mean drilled and slotted with the ceramic pads? The drilled holes fill up with rust, at least in the north where I am which makes them rough and noisy. Need a small round file to clean them out. Got them for a great price but never ever again.

My E350 does have drilled rotors. But I have had absolutely zero issues with brake dust from the Z23 ceramic pads, filling up the holes.

I have read others claiming that their drilled rotors fill up with brake dust, but those claims made no relationship to ceramic pads. Perhaps they didn't relate the two factors? IDK.

No worry, though, even if the slots/holes did fill up with brake dust. For those of us that don't track our cars, drilled/slotted brake rotors serve no purpose other than looking cool. Oh, I guess that isn't 100% true. They also give the rotor manufacturers and supply chain an extra profit margin. ;)

My E350 does have drilled rotors. But I have had absolutely zero issues with brake dust from the Z23 ceramic pads, filling up the holes.

I have read others claiming that their drilled rotors fill up with brake dust, but those claims made no relationship to ceramic pads. Perhaps they didn't relate the two factors? IDK.

No worry, though, even if the slots/holes did fill up with brake dust. For those of us that don't track our cars, drilled/slotted brake rotors serve no purpose other than looking cool. Oh, I guess that isn't 100% true. They also give the rotor manufacturers and supply chain an extra profit margin. ;)
I agree partially but for those who live in the mountains or very hilly areas, drilled and slotted might help keeping the brakes cooler. My problem is not brake dust, unless brake dust is rust colored. At the beginning I bedded them in properly and they felt great. Now they're rough feeling and noisy when I apply the brakes at anything over 50 mph (not warped). The vented part of the rotors aren't too rusty. I'll clean the drilled holes with a file, blow them out with air and then brake cleaner. It will hopefully improve. Thanks.

Back