Reman steering rack 09 CRV

Status
Not open for further replies.
All:

I think I know the answer but is there a decent reman option?

I can't see spending 1k on a new Honda part. Even the reman Honda options are expensive and don't include tie rods.

Should I look at Napa or is that a lost cause as well?

I have a small leak at the boot and air seems to be reaching the reservoir. (Even after replacing the hi/low gaskets and even the pump).

Thanks

Air reaching the reservoir - I recall there were some o-rings that frequently failed, causing noise and air leaks. Has you looked at the o-rings yet ?

Last edited:
I have a 2007 Honda CR-V (same gen as your 09) and got the rack replaced last year after an accident. My mechanic used a Napa unit, zero issues or complaints. I think you'll be fine going that route.

Only power steering issue I have had was a leaky return line but that's my own fault (long story short my return line came unsecured from it's clips and my axle rubbed a hole into it lol)

awesome...thanks Trav...I'll give them a call.

The leak is not bad yet - so I may put this off until spring.

Originally Posted by Chester11
awesome...thanks Trav...I'll give them a call.

The leak is not bad yet - so I may put this off until spring.

I have done quite a few on Odyssey vans using JAC, they send you all the O rings and bits you need plus a return shipping label for the old one.
They are a small family business who takes care and pride in their work, the racks are always centered and adjusted properly and work perfectly.
I have had them build some real obsolete off the wall stuff no one else could do without a core (JAC found a good clean one, it took a while but they got one), it came out perfect.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back