Redline VS Amsoil

How does the Redline 20-50 motorcycle oil compare the the Amsoil 20-50 motorcycle oil?

I noticed Redline was absent from the Amsoil motorcycle test.

Thanks

IMHO you might (depending upon application and where "Dante's Inferno" actually is) consider the AME 15W-40 product, available in gallons, at a much more rea$onable co$T...

Works just great in both my ZX-11D and Valkyrie Interstate!

Cheers!

I used Amsoil 20W50 in my bike, after 1K miles or so the engine developed a bad valve train noise,(loud ticking sounds). Switched to Red Line motorcycle, ran 3K and the engine runs and sounds smooth as silk!!.. Although runs a few degrees warmer with the RL. This is just my experience, both oils are good products!

Originally Posted By: rraiderr
How does the Redline 20-50 motorcycle oil compare the the Amsoil 20-50 motorcycle oil?

Thanks

There is a reason Redline was absent...it is GroupV oil for the same price as Amsoil GroupIV. Amsoil doesn't want Redline anywhere near their tests.

Originally Posted By: oilboy123
Amsoil has mentioned in the past they don't want to advertise for Redline by having it covered in their tests.

Never used Redline, but it should be good stuff.

I read that. What strikes me as funny is why they would mention other oils, but stay clear of RL. Are they afraid of RL oils?
27.gif

Originally Posted By: PT1

Thanks

There is a reason Redline was absent...it is GroupV oil for the same price as Amsoil GroupIV. Amsoil doesn't want Redline anywhere near their tests.

Exactly!! It's surely that amsoil doesnt want to market redline. It's amsoil doesn't want to show them getting their arse kicked.

Both are great products though

Originally Posted By: DieselTech
Originally Posted By: PT1

Thanks

Exactly!! It's surely that amsoil doesnt want to market redline. It's amsoil doesn't want to show them getting their arse kicked.

Both are great products though

So that's the reason. Clear as mud now. LOL Truth is the both make great products.

POE (Redline) VS PAO (Amsoil) both great base oils -- true synthetics. Not like most synths that are nothing but Grp III.

"So in a head to head test redline would outperform Amsoil?"

Maybe, mabe not.
They won't take the chance.
Even if they come out equal, Amsoil won't want that info out there either. They've built their fans up by claiming they are the 'best'. If another brand is equal, they no longer are the 'best'.

Redline being a GrpV is sort of in a class all by itself. Amsoil is more like Mobil1Vtwin and Spectro and any other GrpIV's.

So, it is a very different oil.

Originally Posted By: dwendt44
"So in a head to head test redline would outperform Amsoil?"

Maybe, mabe not.
They won't take the chance.
Even if they come out equal, Amsoil won't want that info out there either. They've built their fans up by claiming they are the 'best'. If another brand is equal, they no longer are the 'best'.

You KNOW Amsoil has tested Redline....please...they would never pass up the chance to fail it in their test results.

I used to be a big Red Line fan. In theory, their Group V polyol ester oils should be head and shoulders better than anything else out there ... 'cept perhaps other ester users like Motul.

In some testimonials and UOAs othis borad, this has not always proven to be the case.

Still, I'd like to see it tested in a heads-up shootout with Amsoil. My gut tells me there is probably a good reason Amsoil left it out.

Back to what the original poster reported, oils high in moly, even soluble moly, seem much quieter than oils without. This may or may not translate to lower wear.

Originally Posted By: Bror Jace
In some testimonials and UOAs othis borad, this has not always proven to be the case.

I've used both, and in my personal opinion that is the case.

I guess what is troubling me is all the talk about ester base oil being so much better or in a class by itself yet in the Amsoil test the Maxima Ultra was beat out by Amsoil. Also in more that one oil analysis Redline did not fair so well.

As for Maxima Ultra I have not yet seen a bad oil analysis yet it was beat out by Amsoil in their test.

I was under the impression that if you use true ester base stock you will end up with superior oil. Based on tests and analysis this does not seem to be the case.

I am quite confused on the matter, can someone help me better understand.

FYI
I am going to keep using Maxima Ultra as per Sunrah's advice as I consider him a trusted source and my bike seemed to really like it.

Back