Redline VS Amsoil

Key being: " beat out by Amsoil in THEIR TESTS".

We may never know if Amsoil puts their thumb on the scales when running
their tests. Maybe, maybe not.
Seems IF a competing oil beats Amsoil, those results seem to not show up in the reports.

My 2¢

I believe the test I found was from around the year 2000, where Amsoil tested to the same parameters Redline used as best they could, and could not find that Redline beat Amsoil. It’s been 20 years...

I’d say take your pick, neither one of them is gonna do worse than the other. However if I need a 20w50, M1 V-Twin will get the nod. Ran that for a little over 5,000 miles in a shared sump and it was spectacular.

I've read that test many times, my goal is trying to find one that includes Redline. Other than what I posted above in post #55, second paragraph, I cannot find anything. Redline has always, and continues to be, conspicuously be absent from anything Amsoil puts out there...

I think it might be safe to say if Redline was as good or better, or maybe just not important to Amsoil, Amsoil would leave them out of the test, as they are creating advertising to promote Amsoil in the best possible light.
After all, these "oil tests", to me are valid and scientific, just as you think its suspicious that they left out Red Line, I think its suspicious that they left out Valvoline Synthetic and Castrol Synthetic.
So in reality, I guess its either impossible to test everything or again, put Amsoil in the best light, which is certainly a smart business decision, just as any other oil company can show tests but dont.

With all the above said, the tests we talk about are so old and outdated who knows what was available or considered competition at the time.

I think it might be safe to say if Redline was as good or better, or maybe just not important to Amsoil, Amsoil would leave them out of the test, as they are creating advertising to promote Amsoil in the best possible light.
After all, these "oil tests", to me are valid and scientific, just as you think its suspicious that they left out Red Line, I think its suspicious that they left out Valvoline Synthetic and Castrol Synthetic.
So in reality, I guess its either impossible to test everything or again, put Amsoil in the best light, which is certainly a smart business decision, just as any other oil company can show tests but dont.

With all the above said, the tests we talk about are so old and outdated who knows what was available or considered competition at the time.

Good post and reminder that just because the pretty girl didn’t sign your year book, doesn’t mean she didn’t notice you. Who’s knows, maybe she’ll dance with you at the next reunion, lol.

Back