Redline SI-1 observations

Status
Not open for further replies.
Been steadily using Redline SI-1 for the past 6 months at 1 ounce per 10 gallons after an initial shock treatment. The product as everyone knows has 30-50% PEA per its MSDS.

I have been keeping detailed track of the mileage of both cars listed in my signature, and I will now report that my mileage has gone up 1.25MPG in my Corolla and just under 2MPG in my Saturn.

At a little over 4 bucks per bottle when bought from Amazon by the case, this product has some bang for the buck. I am usually disappointed by various automotive additives, but am quite happy with this product. I like when something actually has results.

**Note: I do not work for Redline or am affiliated with them in anyway.**

How long does a bottle last?

What would the cost per gallon be?

Would the MPG increase make up for the cost of the constant use of it?

Originally Posted By: ZZman

A bottle of the product treats 150 gallons of gas as it is 15 ounces.

2MPG x 150 gallons is 300 miles per 15 ounce bottle in increase.

300 miles divided by 42 mpg (Saturn is highway car and current mileage last tank was 42 mpg) = 7.14 gallons of gas x 2.67 per gallon price here = $19 bucks.

Bottle cost to me is 5 bucks with shipping.

I am at a savings of $14 bucks per bottle and I have the benefit of an extremely clean fuel system.

Win-Win situation here!

I used SL-1 in my SL-2 as well :p (Love the name, same as Saturns) and observed the engine seems to run awesome now. Used a full bottle in the full tank as unknown past maintenance history. Gonna get another bottle and use it in lower doses throughout the duration next time around.

Good stuff!

Originally Posted By: SLCraig
I used SL-1 in my SL-2 as well :p (Love the name, same as Saturns) and observed the engine seems to run awesome now. Used a full bottle in the full tank as unknown past maintenance history. Gonna get another bottle and use it in lower doses throughout the duration next time around.

Good stuff!

It is so cheap by the case too. I'll never quit using this stuff. I was a former Regane and Techron user, but this stuff has more PEA and lasts a lot longer.

A bottle treats 150 gallons! You can't beat that.

Originally Posted By: Saturn_Fan
Originally Posted By: SLCraig

Good stuff!

It is so cheap by the case too. I'll never quit using this stuff. I was a former Regane and Techron user, but this stuff has more PEA and lasts a lot longer.

A bottle treats 150 gallons! You can't beat that.

Good info! Thinking of checking it out myself, can you tell me where you're getting it by the case? Or PM it to me?

Many thanks!
AD

Originally Posted By: ADFD1

Good info! Thinking of checking it out myself, can you tell me where you're getting it by the case? Or PM it to me?

Here is the answer from the OP!
11.gif

At a little over 4 bucks per bottle when bought from Amazon by the case, this product has some bang for the buck.

Take care, Bill

Thanks Bill I checked Amazon and Ebay and it is a lot more than that per case. He must have gotten it a while ago.

AD

Originally Posted By: ADFD1
Thanks Bill I checked Amazon and Ebay and it is a lot more than that per case. He must have gotten it a while ago.

AD

Yeah, looks more like about 9 bucks a bottle (a 12 pack) at Amazon right now.

Originally Posted By: ZZman

A bottle of the product treats 150 gallons of gas as it is 15 ounces.

2MPG x 150 gallons is 300 miles per 15 ounce bottle in increase.

300 miles divided by 42 mpg (Saturn is highway car and current mileage last tank was 42 mpg) = 7.14 gallons of gas x 2.67 per gallon price here = $19 bucks.

Bottle cost to me is 5 bucks with shipping.

I am at a savings of $14 bucks per bottle and I have the benefit of an extremely clean fuel system.

Win-Win situation here!

Wow - thanks! I'll start using it for my Saturn SL-1 also.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back