REDLINE MT-LV 46000 MILES RX8 6SP

1694732685428.png

Best oil I have used in this transmission. Did a UOA just for kicks. I kept it in way longer than any other I've used. Usually go 30k max on any MT oil. Was notchy last 3-4 k or so. Refilled with same, and shifting was amazing again. Drain plug had a thin deposit of debris, no mountains, no chunks. A light oil for the application, but I love it and will continue with it.

Last edited:
View attachment 178504

Best oil I have used in this transmission. Did a UOA just for kicks. I kept it in way longer than any other I've used. Usually go 30k max on any MT oil. Was notchy last 3-4 k or so. Refilled with same, and shifting was amazing again. Drain plug had a thin deposit of debris, no mountains, no chunks. A light oil for the application, but I love it and will continue with it.
I use D4 in BMW and it makes shifts much smoother.

I had a couple of BMWs that called for ATF, (still do) and tried MTL, D4, and both mineral and synthetic ATF from a bunch of brands.

Valvoline MaxLife synthetic ATF (red bottle) was what I settled on and liked best, FWIW.

That was well before this MT-LV was available. This will probably go in eventually.

230k miles on a Mazda RX-8?!?! 😳 Am I seeing this right?

My 2004 RX-8 shifted amazing on Redline’s MT-90. Since when did ATF become a recommendation? 🤨🤔

Back