Red Line 0w-30 VOA

Originally Posted by MolaKule
Originally Posted by PimTac
Interesting. The silicon which is a anti-foaming agent seems quite high.

And this been my observation as well. Unless they are using some silicon-based compound other than, or in addition to, dimethylsiloxane, this seems excessively high.

This is definitely not a daily driver oil. Use it on track day only.

Do you mean it's not suitable for a daily driver or an overkill? Thanks

Originally Posted by MolaKule
Originally Posted by PimTac
Interesting. The silicon which is a anti-foaming agent seems quite high.

And this been my observation as well. Unless they are using some silicon-based compound other than, or in addition to, dimethylsiloxane, this seems excessively high.

This is definitely not a daily driver oil. Use it on track day only.

Do you mean it's not suitable for a daily driver or an overkill? Thanks

Originally Posted by stanlee
Originally Posted by BobsArmory
I wonder how this oil would work with cars that have LSPI issues.

This is really being over complicated. All that's been found are oils with high calcium levels have been correlated with LSPI. All oil manufacturers have done to address it is lower calcium. NO high calcium oil is going to be a good choice IF LSPI is an issue in your particular make (which it shouldn't be. Stop trying to make 2.0Ls feel like 5.0L V8s with these tiny hot running turbos and high low rpm loads. That's turbo 101 in the aftermarket turbo upgrade world for longevity). I've had two german DI turbo cars and this was never an issue on either despite the factory undersized turbos and overloaded low rpm range.

First thing to prevent LSPI is to design engine properly, and when it comes to small turbos no one comes close to Germans.
Low calcium is just band aid to bigger issue.

200 thou on my 2001 modded 1.8T, started with amsoil 10-30 BUT switched to REDLINe after amsoil SWITCHED + seen better vacuum on the bost-vac gauge, car running great at trade in with 200 thou but wanted a toy for retirement, enter 2001 TT ROADSTER 225Q + it got full redline lubes but the haldex

Back