Recoil

Status
Not open for further replies.
Small /compact carry pieces suck to shoot. The "full size' hand guns are much nicer shooting toys. 10 years or so ago before selling my 20" barrel AR 15 an ex military guy only shot the M4 he was so amazed at the difference in recoil the longer gas system provided. Over the years I have sold the center fires and now shoot rim fires. They help new shooters find the front sights and learn trigger pull.

There is a trade-off when buying the micro guns. Their service if for strict conceal in things like front pockets. Some of the little guys are manageable in .380. My Glock 42 and Beretta Pico (real small) are. They have a higher grip axis that make them more manageable - thus more accurate.

My former Ruger LCP I could never tame. But that little guy has never even hiccuped firing it - with a host of different ammo. My daughter has it currently.

Originally Posted by rrretiree7
The Charter Arms was an impulse buy, I found it a gun show and bought it from a private dealer which equals no
paperwork, cash only. I guess some of it was a .357 macho thing I'm sad to say. I sent it to ca and they did a
free tune-up and the gun was like new. I got rid of it immediately and went back to my old favorite Taurus.
I carry my .38 with non plus P's Hornady and it is a pleasure to shoot. Looking back, I believe it was the flinch
thing and thinking there was going to be a lot of recoil. I learned a lesson from Dirty Harry, "A mans got to know
his limitations." from Magnum Force

Nothing ventured nothing gained. If it only cost pocket money then it was a cheap experiment. Not everything we do in life makes us money.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back