rebuild calipers now to store or rebuild when ready to use

Status
Not open for further replies.
i got used dual piston calipers to upgrade single piston calipers. i got toyota rubber grease and aftermarket boots/seals. should i rebuild now with grease and store or rebuild later right before use?

You'll get rid of the car before you ever need another set of calipers. So logically, speaking, just throw them on a shelf and forget about them.

Yeah what Yah said. Why wouldn't you use them now? You're going to regret wrecking the car for want of better brakes.

basically i replaced pads/rotors on my venza and found out something i never knew about. phenolic pistons. so i started looking for highlander calipers in good condition and cheap to replace with. the other set of calipers is for my camry. waiting till the originals wear down to replace.

Originally Posted by bionictony
basically i replaced pads/rotors on my venza and found out something i never knew about. phenolic pistons. so i started looking for highlander calipers in good condition and cheap to replace with. the other set of calipers is for my camry. waiting till the originals wear down to replace.

I have a 2014 Venza V6 AWD which Highlander caliper cross-references to the Venza?

Originally Posted by Patrick0525
Originally Posted by bionictony

I have a 2014 Venza V6 AWD which Highlander caliper cross-references to the Venza?

Someone upgraded their 2013+ avalon calipers to venza calipers. Since avalon/camry calipers can be upgraded to highlander calipers i figured they would fit. if not i can throw them on my camry. but i got 2 pairs at a cheap price. basically you need 2008-2019 highlander calipers, rotors, and pads. looks like the highlander calipers will also fit your 09 es350.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back