Rear Suspension Grand Marquis LS 1998

Correct. They have airbags instead of coil springs. The shocks are unique to air suspension as well.
So it's like the Lincoln Towncars I see running around town that are completely bottomed out sitting on their stops because their airbags are blown?

Last edited:
These are possibly the best springs available from the aftermarket for that car. Moog, KYB, Delco are all generic, LESJÖFORS makes to OE size and compression specs. they make a cargo spring for this one which should help your situation.

So, if I change the rear coils for new ones, I must got that to missed 2" in the rear side? Thanks

So, if I change the rear coils for new ones, I must got that to missed 2" in the rear side? Thanks

These are possibly the best springs available from the aftermarket for that car. Moog, KYB, Delco are all generic, LESJÖFORS makes to OE size and compression specs. they make a cargo spring for this one which should help your situation.

what about if I buy them from Autozone? Are they good or nor? Thanks

I have checked these and other brand rear coils in this website, and I found the rate they have is 157 or 163 lbs/in, I found information about this and civilian cars use rear coils with 130 lbs/in and in the front 410, 440 and 560 lbs/in. Interceptor uses rear coils with 160 lbs/in and front uses 700 lbs/in. So, do you know what could be the main difference using "stronger" coils? The feeling could a hard suspension? Thanks

Back