RCM High Performance Oil Filter

I have been looking at these and would appreciate any input, they are made by Tokyo Roki from what I understand from Roger Clark co and supposedly filter better and have less restriction. It seems there is some important info missing.

Your second link says 20micron filter material, but i dont see any rating. I'm sure its a quality filter if its make by Roki.

Question is, how does it stack up against the fram ultra/endurance ?

Looks like its only made to cross the fram 9688/3953a filters.

More important is the bypass setting, this setting is same as OE Fram is not, I would use use A Wix for this reason before a Fram.
It fits engines the 15208AA100 does.
Is that possible ?
That is pretty much my question. This filter is supposedly the result of a lot of research and comparison testing against the 15208AA100.
The company having it made has a good rep in all things Subaru racing.

Is that possible ?
Yes ... it was done with the OG Ultra. And others full synthetic media filters are similar. Of course, the only way to verify is to see actual ISO 4548-12 test data.

From the 2nd link.
"This results in improved oil pressure across the rpm range with improved oil filtering as well."

Not really ... the only time a less restrictive oil filter can give more flow and oil pressure is when the PD pump is in pressure relief.

That is what I thought, it is beginning to like it is just a pretty red Tokyo Roki filter.
Wouldn't really know without some actual ISO flow vs delta-p and efficiency test numbers. Maybe you can contact Tokyo Roki somehow to see if they have and will share that information.

"and designed the filter to be as efficient as possible so that creates the least restriction possible to the oil as it is traveling into the engine. This results in improved oil pressure across the rpm range with improved oil filtering as well."

I'm skeptical this is a 99%@20 micron filter. Let us know what you find out. Thanks

I have the contact person info at Roger Clark. What questions do you want me to ask?
Ask if they have ISO 4548-12 efficiency data. Example: The efficiency percent at 20 microns (and the efficiency at any other micron sizes of particles).

Also any flow rate vs delta-p data at a specific oil viscosity. Example: 3 PSI of delta-p at 8 GPM at 10 cSt viscosity. Or whatever units they have the data in.

Back