Raybestos EHT longterm pad update.

Status
Not open for further replies.
I was going to post an update in this thread because of the requests, but it would get lost on the 2nd or 3rd page. http://www.bobistheoilguy.com/forums/ubbthreads.php/topics/3678192/1

I switched my CTS-V over to these Ceramic/Semi metallic Hybrid pads and many months later put new front rotors on. These pads are GG friction rated, even for applications that don't spec it. I'm not sure if ALL EHT's are GG rated.

After 8,000 miles or so I am very impressed. There is hardly any pad material gone. Probably the best all around brake pad I have owned. Very very little dust, a major plus to me. After years of performance pads almost instantly dusting my wheels after a detail I'm over it. Better cold bite than ceramics I've used on any car. This is also very important because these massive 14+ inch rotors with brake cooling ducts don't build much heat in regular driving. A few really hard stops and they come to life, incredible braking. Anything not bolted down will go flying and they are very resilient to repeated hard high speed stops. They are also smooth, quiet, and progressive. You could only find their limits at a High Performance Driving Event.

On big brake cars I've used, Brembo OEM pads, EBC Reds, EBC Ultimax, and Duralast Gold Semi Metallics. I threw the Golds out. EBC Reds I did not care for, too much dust(EBC says they're low dust
crazy.gif
) not enough cold bite. Ultimax was very good but too much dust. Brembos I love but they turn wheels black very fast.

I want to try them on a "normal" car for comparison but I suspect that I would enjoy them even more. I like how they behave once warmed up and that would be closer to normal operating temp on a regular vehicle with smaller components. I've had a much broader experience with pads on more pedestrian cars. I like a pad that has a very good initial bite, that with almost no dust is a difficult to find combination.

Been looking for something with bite and long wearing for the Cobalt. It is a Daily, but traffic here is nuts, and no one knows how to drive. I have been considering either akebono or Ac Delco prof., but these sound like they might be winners as well...

I know exactly what kind of stopping you mean. Perfect pad for that, like any good semi metallic but without the dust. I just put new AC/Delco Profs on my Cavalier (no EHTs on RockAuto). Good pad also but I'm not expecting long life. 20,000 miles max. I had Brembos on it beforehand, my hubcaps are permanently stained from the dust. Those pads only lasted 12,000 miles.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back