Range device for AFM disabler

I just purchased a 2014 Corvette with 22,000 miles and was wondering if the Range AFM disabler makes the engine last longer? I purchased the car in Joplin MO and drove it home and obtained 32.6 miles per gallon because it switches to V4 occasionally. Pros: possible longer engine life? Cons: $200 up front and less gas mileage. Thoughts?

Attachments

• LJwNhlVtSbKPuoZo34B8cg.jpg
    LJwNhlVtSbKPuoZo34B8cg.jpg
    134.7 KB · Views: 9
  • NV+qBVD3TzaFFutFP+5E+Q.jpg
    NV+qBVD3TzaFFutFP+5E+Q.jpg
    201.6 KB · Views: 9
Last edited:
I ran the Range AFM unit in my old '11 5.3 Tahoe for 120k miles. No engine issues in that time with towing duty also. Just traded it in a few months ago with 150k on it. Lost 1 mpg highway with it. Stock exhaust so V4 mode sound was not an issue. I ran it to possibly avoid the lifter issues.

I ran the Range AFM unit in my old '11 5.3 Tahoe for 120k miles. No engine issues in that time with towing duty also. Just traded it in a few months ago with 150k on it. Lost 1 mpg highway with it. Stock exhaust so V4 mode sound was not an issue. I ran it to possibly avoid the lifter issues.
That's good news. I am going to see how the engine runs and if everything is ok I might not need the range device. Thanks!

Back