RAM about to pass Silverado sales

Take it or leave it looks and completely dysfunctional powertrain and trim combos really hurt Silverado.

They should have offered the 10-speed in everything above 4-cyl Turbo and v6 option like ford (or gone with a top tier ZF transmission like ram).

And really a base I4 turbo AND an N/A v6? Two 5.3's? A 6, 8, and 10 speed transmission.

It's laughable how BAD that is.

Originally Posted by CapitalTruck
I have heard of too many quality problems with FCA products combined with a habit of not having good OEM parts availability after a few years. For a 3-4 year truck I would go for it, but I keep mine for 15 years or more (lord willing).

4th gen Rams started in 2009 and are still in production. There shouldn't be any issues getting OEM parts.

It should be induvidal private buyer sales #'s NOT FLEET sales included

Buying and flippin cop cars. I have talked to MANY fleet guys who are FORCED to buy who ever lowest bidder is

Dave

It's ugly because the BOWTIE should be larger on the front, and "Chevrolet" traditionally is on the tailgate.... Plus it is written wrong. Letters on the front of a vehicle are always spelled backwards so you can read it in a rear view mirror.

What are you even talking about ?
Mopar is no perfect solution to anything in the driveline department … Hemi is one of the endless discussions on this website and intentionally staying behind on the V6.
(and I have two of them) …

I'm not surprised. IMO they give the best bang for the buck, and that's coming from a long time Ford lover. I'd buy a RAM over a GM or Ford product w/o hesitation.

Originally Posted by 4WD
Mopar is no perfect solution to anything in the driveline department … Hemi is one of the endless discussions on this website and intentionally staying behind on the V6.

No surprises there, it's been around for what...17 years?

Originally Posted by 4WD

Yes! You commented!

I didn't think you liked all these Ram threads?
crackmeup2.gif

Gentlemen- please keep the discussion on trucks.

Personal insults, slurs, and the like have been removed.

Posts like that will result in thread lock and a vacation for offenders.

Originally Posted by dareo
You have to remember, a lot of people are buying the GMC version, and that is not counted in those sales figures. The Sierra is less ugly than the silverado. I'l keep my 2016 thanks.

Pretty much why a 2017 Sierra followed me home in May. As I have both a Silverado, and now 2 Sierras, I really could have bought either. But the Sierra after the 2016 refresh was really the sweet spot....even more so than the current model.

https://www.bobistheoilguy.com/foru...mc-sierra-sle-4x4-double-cab#Post5425140

Now, looking to replace the Silverado with a Canyon....as I really don't need two full size trucks.

Did the same … bought a 2018 Z71 once the 2019's hit the lot.
They look Ok in darker colors … but I tend to buy light colors all else the same

Two things:

1. FCA is bundling sales figures of the Ram 1500 (the new, redesigned one) and the Ram Classic (the old one) as total pickup sales. This is effectively counting two different model as one because they share a name.
2. What is the difference in incentive spending between GM and FCA on their trucks coming out of the shutdown? At the end of 2019, FCA was spending almost $1,300 per truck more than GM on incentives and Ram incentives were up 14%, while Silverado incentives were down 8%.

A while back, FCA made a huge fanfare that they were moving full size truck production out of Mexico and back into the States. Today, FCA is still making trucks in Mexico. What changed?

They realized that they could continue selling the old model, toss massive incentives on the hood to move them off the lot, and then count the sales to make up ground against the Silverado.

Remember, this is FCA, the automaker that falsified sales numbers for 4 years to maintain their record for year-over-year sales increases.

I have seen these sales figures where Ford combines all LT series yet Chevy/GMC are not combined even in 1500 etc.
No control of the data

The previous generation 14-18? were nice looking trucks. The current gen is awkward looking in 1/2 ton and really ugly in HD form.
Plus Ram is really pushing the cheap leases here.

The ram has always been handsome, imo. The 1994 modification was really the peak, I don't know that they've gotten better in terms of looks (IMO) since then, but even the older 196x-1993 version was handsome.

The others have done funky things. Chevy trucks have generally been handsome, but now, ugh...

Go back to a more conservative grill and keep the standard GM style two tier lights, but not as they are in the photos above, and I suspect it will be a more appealing truck.

I'm also not a fan when Ford or Toyota write the brand name across the grill. Just my opinion, but it's too much. And Chevrolet is a much longer word
smile.gif

Originally Posted by Miller88
The previous generation 14-18? were nice looking trucks. The current gen is awkward looking in 1/2 ton and really ugly in HD form.
Plus Ram is really pushing the cheap leases here.

The Chevy 1500 front end is fine … But fender and side view

21BE7116-CDC3-4471-A818-4E3353054D5A.jpeg

I bought a previous gen after the 2019's came out, too. No Autostop, standard 2-speed transfer case, better looking and cheaper. Just gotta watch the AFM...

Originally Posted by dishdude
Originally Posted by PowerSurge
Originally Posted by BigD1
Would be a good article if the author would snip out his rude political commentary.

I went back to see what you are talking about and yeah, totally unnecessary but what do we expect from a ‘journalist'?

Article seemed inaccurate to me.

Fixed.

Originally Posted by BigD1
Would be a good article if the author would snip out his rude political commentary.

Agree. Jalopnik is not exactly a bastion of truth anyway.

Back