QUICKSILVER M/C OIL

Well I tried the above and found it is not my cup of tea. Shifting degraded rapidly, after about 500 miles and grew worse as time passed. Ay 2500 miles shifting had gotten so hard that deliberate shifts were necessary. Normally the Zuki is fairly slick shifting especially on new oil, but this was the exception. Drained at 2600 and went back to one of my standby oils.
YMMV
Smoky

Originally Posted by Smoky14
Well I tried the above and found it is not my cup of tea. Shifting degraded rapidly, after about 500 miles and grew worse as time passed. Ay 2500 miles shifting had gotten so hard that deliberate shifts were necessary. Normally the Zuki is fairly slick shifting especially on new oil, but this was the exception. Drained at 2600 and went back to one of my standby oils.
YMMV
Smoky

Checked your signature.

Bandit 1200. Nice.

Future classic. Want one today.

On my motorcycle bucket list.

I bought (4) quarts of QS 10w40 syn m/c oil last year at Walmart on clearance for $2.50/qt. I won't use it for a sole oil change, but I do blend it in with my M1 oils. Too good of a deal to pass up.

Originally Posted by troop
I bought (4) quarts of QS 10w40 syn m/c oil last year at Walmart on clearance for $2.50/qt. I won't use it for a sole oil change, but I do blend it in with my M1 oils. Too good of a deal to pass up.

Just got (2) QS 25w40 for $7/gallon … Will be my spring outboard change instead of 10w30.

I'm just going to jump in here and say I've been using QS in both of my HD's and it works as good as Amsoil. I don't know that much about QS, but I used to be an Amsoil dealer for many years.

I'm just going to jump in here and say I've been using QS in both of my HD's and it works as good as Amsoil. I don't know that much about QS, but I used to be an Amsoil dealer for many years.

I bought a few quarts of Quicksilver Off-road 10W40 for a good price and used it in our dirt bikes. I noticed too that shift quality degraded faster than expected. I thought being a name-brand full syn that it would hold up better than it did.

I bought a few quarts of Quicksilver Off-road 10W40 for a good price and used it in our dirt bikes. I noticed too that shift quality degraded faster than expected. I thought being a name-brand full syn that it would hold up better than it did.
As we know, full syn can be something that doesn't have as good of a base depending on who makes it or what price point they're trying to hit, but is considered full syn because of the manufacturing process used to refine it.

Adding some with a higher quality synthetic, it will probably work pretty well in that capacity.

Just posted 5,345 mi UOA of M1 10w-40 4T from my ZRX 1200. The stuff works great as far as shift quality not falling off and holds viscosity well. Even at $10 a quart that's a pretty good value in the grand scheme of things.

I've been tempted to try Quicksilver because I do find it on sale, thanks for the heads up on the shift quality.

Last edited:
I bought (4) bottles of QS 10w40 motorcycle synthetic on sale at Walmart for $2.50/qt awhile back. As said above, I do only use (1) quart of it with my 5.5 quart annual oil change. Having a semi auto transmission (Spyder), I really don't notice shift degradation..

Back