Quickjack BL-7000EXT

Status
Not open for further replies.
I was going to hold off a bit longer, but the SEMA show pricing was 25% off their normal price. I also bought the SUV adapters.

For home use, I think this will be perfect. I already have access to a 4-post lift, but for quick oil changes or other light maintenance, this should suffice.

The Prius is due for an oil change soon (next 2 weeks) so I will update the thread with pictures.

Does anyone else have one?

94B67943-E3EB-475A-98E0-48B578173EC6.jpeg

I have the 5k one.

You'll note it's a jack, not a lift. The instructions read to put jack stands under, too.

Are you in earthquake country?
laugh.gif

I would coat that floor before too much gets in there.
Perhaps too lare already...
I will be anxious to see your Quick Jack in operation.

Originally Posted by robertcope
OTOH: https://www.quickjack.com/why-quickjack/quickjack-safe-to-use-without-jack-stands/

I have the 5K JQ and love it. I spend a lot of time under the cars. Don't use jack stands, not sure how I could even do that.

Right, but it explicitly states at the bottom of their list of "Do's and Don't's" in their manual that when working under a vehicle one must also use jack stands at the proper vehicle lift points.
wink.gif

In essences it's their way of absolving them of any liability in the event their product fails and injures/kills someone. I say this because the manufacturer must be aware that you cannot use both jack stands and the QJ at the same time because both items would have to occupy the same "vehicle lift points".

Last edited:
I've looked at those lifts and can't get past the feeling of being trapped and can't get out if something happens. Because a lot of the side access is blocked. So I'm curious what your opinions are as you use them. How convenient they really are.

Originally Posted by LeakySeals
So I'm curious what your opinions are as you use them. How convenient they really are.

I looked at them for a long time before buying one; I was just not sure how useful it would be given that most of my vehicles are not real hard to get up on jack stands to begin with. It didn't take me long after buying it to realize that it is better, faster, safer, and that I should have pulled the trigger much earlier. My opinion is that if you are thinking it would be useful to you, it probably will be.

I have the larger Quick Jack for SUV and trucks with the adapters. It definitely makes working on the vehicles easier. Always make sure you have it on either the first lock or second lock engaged properly. Ask me why? The only issues I have had is a leak at the pump. I had to take the housing that holds the fluid off, clean it up, and use some RTV sealant. It hasn't leaked since.

I've looked at those lifts and can't get past the feeling of being trapped and can't get out if something happens. Because a lot of the side access is blocked. So I'm curious what your opinions are as you use them. How convenient they really are.

I looked at the HF style scissor lift for a while and didn't like how it blocked the exhaust. I seem to always be doing cat-back exhausts or rear o2 sensors and these are a hassle with ramps or jack stands! Maxjack is nearly perfect. My biggest gripe is how my creeper gets tangled with the hydraulic lines that go to the power head.

It's nice to creep in under one bumper and pop out the other, for doing stuff like spraying fluid film on everything.

It's less claustrophobic (for me) to have the floorpan 12 inches away with maxjack vs having it *right there* on lower stands even if the sides are blocked.

Originally Posted by eljefino

I looked at the HF style scissor lift for a while and didn't like how it blocked the exhaust. I seem to always be doing cat-back exhausts or rear o2 sensors and these are a hassle with ramps or jack stands! Maxjack is nearly perfect. My biggest gripe is how my creeper gets tangled with the hydraulic lines that go to the power head.

It's nice to creep in under one bumper and pop out the other, for doing stuff like spraying fluid film on everything.

It's less claustrophobic (for me) to have the floorpan 12 inches away with maxjack vs having it *right there* on lower stands even if the sides are blocked.

MaxJack not so bad either but it's more expensive, requires min 3000 psi concrete, requires more room (14ft wide bay) and time to set up.

Last edited:
Finally had a chance to assemble the QuickJack.

With the 3" blocks, my Prius will be 9" off of the ground.

Is it easier to use than jack stands? Yes.

Is it faster to use than jack stands? Not really.

Is the added height (compared to jack stands) a real plus? For detailing, yes. For auto repair, not really.

Is it a pain to store? Yes, they are over 100 lbs each to lift.

When paired with a low shop stool (with wheels), I can see this being useful for detailing...especially for polishing. But for auto repair, the benefits over jack stands are minimal.

0B48105E-9741-462F-9B3E-484AC6CCB74D.jpeg

396B4773-E008-4D64-8314-ED48B4A22AC4.jpeg

I dont see how they arent easier to use than Jack stands? Or at least quicker...

Originally Posted by JeffKeryk
Yeah, but you gat a new garage! Cool!
I would coat the floor...

If he coated the floor the unpainted drywall would then stickout too much.... lol jk

Critic I find it just the opposite of your analysis. I have had my QJ for almost two years and wish I purchased them sooner. Always make sure they are locked in either the first or second lock. I store mine flat on one another. I have a Racedeck floor in my garage so it makes it easier to maneuver around under the vehicle.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back