Quick chirp on startup and between gears

Status
Not open for further replies.
6 speed Manual, the Mazda from my sig makes a quick chirp during startup. It's a 2 month old serpentine belt. I can reproduce the issue when dropping the clutch more abruptly than usual. Suspension? Belt? Tensioner?

I had a squeak with a new serpentine belt. TBH it was when on full steering lock and/or starting from a stop. Tensioner was ok and belt was running straight.
No wobbles. I sprayed a bit of silicone on the belt with the car running. A few weeks later I forgot all about it.

had that happen to my honda accord...just put new napa belts on and 3 months later ,chirping on start up...everything was good, took the belts of just to see and no chirping on start up ...went to oreilys auto and replaced belts all is good ...still don't know why they started to act up...maybe a bad new belt ? I don't know

Originally Posted by FT92
had that happen to my honda accord...just put new napa belts on and 3 months later ,chirping on start up...everything was good, took the belts of just to see and no chirping on start up ...went to oreilys auto and replaced belts all is good ...still don't know why they started to act up...maybe a bad new belt ? I don't know

Thanks, I didn't think to remove it and see if it goes away. I can make it happen 10 times out of 10 in reverse if I drop the clutch a bit fast.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back