"Quick change" sabotage episode

Status
Not open for further replies.
This is an anger vent.

Two weeks or so ago my friend took his car to an oil change place and bought the "$65 synthetic oil change".

Today he turned on his AC and it wouldn't work.

Short story: Met his auto mechanic friend -with manifold- at Walmart and recharged the system. No leaks could be found.

My friend is a lube tech and cycles his AC weekly throughout the Winter. His car is a 2017 and he's on it.

I swear I must have a mad German Shepherd Dog gene in my DNA because all I want to do is bite them.

35.gif

Originally Posted by Kira
This is an anger vent.

Two weeks or so ago
my friend took his car to an oil change place and bought the "$65 synthetic oil change".

Today he turned on his AC and it wouldn't work.

Short story: Met his auto mechanic friend -with manifold- at Walmart and recharged the system. No leaks could be found.

My friend is a lube tech and cycles his AC weekly throughout the Winter. His car is a 2017 and he's on it.

I swear I must have a mad German Shepherd Dog gene in my DNA because all I want to do is bite them.

Not sure I see the connection or accusation clearly

I agree it makes a bad day when you get work done or maintenance just to days later have something else go wrong. And I do believe their are crooked shops out there, but I do think they are not as common as people think. I feel people need to learn a little and get familiar with the vehicle that they count on for work commuting, family moving, and such. Especially since it is something that always costs money. Expensive to buy, maintain, and always loosing value (generally speaking). Like previously stated, why I don't work on other peoples stuff..

Originally Posted by madRiver
Unrelated and I am 99% sure of that. Please post back when you actually find out what the problem was.

How can say that high of a percentage ???

I agree that is certainly possible that it was just a coincidence.

Originally Posted by Silverado12
[Linked Image]

Happy German Shepherd.

Question is does the dog drive better than you ??

I'd say it's quite possible
lol.gif

Originally Posted by bbhero
Originally Posted by madRiver
Unrelated and I am 99% sure of that. Please post back when you actually find out what the problem was.

How can say that high of a percentage ???

I agree that is certainly possible that it was just a coincidence.

It's not something you can reliably put a percentage on, but quick lubes and really all shops have little incentive to sabotage. For one, everyone in this industry is aware of "you will be blamed for the next thing that goes wrong". It would literally be inviting complaints/problems. Two, it's added work/time that probably won't pay off. They could just sell some Wynn's or BG type service instead...much easier to sell a $99.99 anti-corona service applied with a magic ray gun or whatever.

They do want to upsell everything they can, upselling has always been a big deal any place I've worked that does oil changes, but I've never seen real sabotage. The closest I've seen was the manager simply tossing the worst cabin filter I've ever seen after the customer declined a new one, and even then they were probably doing the customer a favor with all the junk plugging the filter.

Hopefully OP's friend had some dye added because their freon will probably disappear again.

What a ridiculous post. I have seen instances where a rock has hit a air conditioning line and has caused the Freon to leak.

Yea- the "Quick Lube" place could have just upsold him a fuel treatment or something.

Originally Posted by CKN
What a ridiculous post. I have seen instances where a rock has hit a air conditioning line and has caused the Freon to leak.

Yea- the "Quick Lube" place could have just upsold him a fuel treatment or something.

BTW-in a model year 2017 car the air conditioner is on in other modes-

Your car's defroster is tied into the air conditioning system. While that means it can get quite warm and very cold, it also means something else. If you've ever had to use a humidifier in your home during the winter because your furnace was removing too much moisture from the air, you're already familiar with what's going on here.

Your air conditioner (whether it's set to cold or hot) condenses the moisture out of the air into water. This condensation is vented through a drain hose that runs from behind your glove box out the bottom of the car. The system then pumps dry air into the car. When you turn on the defroster, it pumps dry air up toward the windshield. This helps to evaporate the moisture.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back