Question for Liquid Glass Users

I don't believe that you need to go over the top with wax. IDK what Liquid Glass has as it's base(silicone or wax) but, the stuff has been around for decades & decades. I first used it in 1980ish and I don't think that Liquid Glass has changed the formula. There has got to be a thousand better, more advanced products on the market today. Probably for le$$ money too.

Years ago, I did a side-by-side comparison test on my car with(Waxes & Silicone products) Liquid Glass, Nu-Finish, Detailer's Choice, Rain Dance, Mother's or Meguiars something or another. And I couldn't tell the difference in any of them.

Last edited:
Thanks Char Baby, I kinda thought that too but I have a can to use up. lol

You're welcome jims5600 and by all means, use away :D
And again, I don't think that LG needs to be top coated with another product.

IIRC, the old can of Liquid Glass that I once had, on the back label it stated that 5 coats(applications) of LG is the equivalent of 1 coat of clear...or something to that regard!

Last edited:
You're welcome jims5600 and by all means, use away :D
And again, I don't think that LG needs to be top coated with another product.

IIRC, the old can of Liquid Glass that I once had, on the back label it stated that 5 coats(applications) of LG is the equivalent of 1 coat of clear...or something to that regard!
I've been following this thread. I used this stuff until about 15 years ago until it became hard to find. I thought it worked well. I'd put a coat on, then move the car from the garage into the sun. For 30 minutes or so the car used to wreak of Liquid Glass "chemicals", like the coating was somehow flashing off. I'd put on 2 or 3 coats like this, one after the other, each coat getting a cure in the sun. Nothing I have every used since felt so "thick" on the paint. I liked this stuff.

Scott

I've noticed that the more coats of any product that I apply atop of the others will make the paint feel more slick. Sort'a like clay baring the paint first then polishing with any product.

I don't not like Liquid Glass, it's just that I wouldn't run out to look for & buy it. TOO "SPENSIVE"! But as jims5600 mentioned, if it's just laying 'round the garageski, then indeed use it up.

I believe it claimed to resist rock chips with enough coats. I used to love this stuff.

Perhaps!
When we think of better, we tend to think of, longevity and/or gloss enhancement.
But it can mean different things to different people such as, ease of use(apply/removal) or lack of streaking, or less white residue and chalking on flat paints. To me it's cost of(or to) achievement.

I bought a case on a distributor liquidation sale a couple years ago, final cost shipped averaged at $15.67 per 16 oz can, was 12 cans to the case ... then hen I was looking to stack it and found a box with 9 more cans I forgot I even had, so I'm good for awhile. I love putting the second or third coat on after a couple hour's cure time, or even the next day.

Back