Question about weed spray

One thing I have noticed....since Roundup got sued, that stuff doesn't kill anything. I've have bought two bottles in the last 3 weeks and the best it did was stunt weed growth. Disappointed.
If you have a TSC around … they put on a generic 41% for $20/gallon about twice a year … that’s cheap enough to go stronger than label mix depending on weed type … I have a ditch behind me (city does nothing with) and it keeps it tamed and snake free … Not fast like Spectracide but so much cheaper, and a week later it’s doing the magic …

Of course you are completely correct. I just associate those hose end sprayers with folks who want the easiest solution possible, which to me is a weed and feed product.

dbias - it sounds like you maybe have been given Ureabor, in case you want to look it up?

The hose end sprayers for a "xxxxx and feed" are a joke. While they maybe have added some 20-5-5 fertilizer to the mix it was only a 1/4 of a cup. Nitrogen needs to go down at the rate of a few pounds per 1000 sq ft. Not ounces. Its listed on the label if you read and understand the fine print "at the rate of ...".

If you dump it in water. We are talking soil here. People do some real stupid stuff and what may seems like a comical response that some take seriously and actually do it. You may think teaspoon on a plant to kill small plant others may put in a pump up sprayer and spray everywhere.

So it seems that if I buy one of the weed sprays that screw on the end of garden hose, and don't use it all up In the season I bought it, that come next summer that it doesn't kill the weeds. At best, it just kinda stunts their growth. If I then buy a new sprayer, it works great. So, I am wondering it it is how I am storing it, or is it just that there is an expiration date, which isn't listed anywhere? I have been keeping it in a wood cabinet in my garage, which rarely, if ever, gets cold enough to freeze water. Would it help if I put it in my basement? Label says store in cool dry place.

I use Bayer Season Long Weed control, no issues the following season. Stored in my southern garage during winter that may go down to as low as 45 degrees or so.
Yeah, I would just keep it in the basement if you think that is the issue or try the Bayer, important to get the "Season Long Weed Control" as far as my post goes.

One thing I have noticed....since Roundup got sued, that stuff doesn't kill anything. I've have bought two bottles in the last 3 weeks and the best it did was stunt weed growth. Disappointed.

I have found that about a teaspoon of dish soap per gallon of water helps and allows the chemical to stick and whenever I don’t do that, it doesn’t seem to kill the weeds as well.

Its also best to do it on a warm sunny day when the plants are “open” and absorbing the sun. Around here, planning warm, sun and no wind is about impossible so as long as the wind is down, I do it. Lol.

Back