Quantum Blue - SRT8 - UOA question

Status
Not open for further replies.
This guy ran QB for 127k miles. B/S Labs kept telling him the oil was fine. Take a look at the pictures. What do you think happened to this engine? Was the dispersant package not doing its job?

LMAO!! The first response from BND showing two heavily varnished engines calling it "normal" and then dude with 125K miles on Mobil 1 pops in with his spotless engine :ROFLMAO:

Cr@p oil, left in for way too long.
Don't know folks don't stay with the tried and true ...... change oil often (5k- 8k miles depending on drive cycle), use branded oils that meet your engine specs, and sleep well.
That are approved. That is where trick is, as these oil scammers always say: meet and exceeds. Then unsuspected customer buys it bcs. it meets and exceeds.

Can someone summarize this? I'm interested but not enough to plow thru pages of another forum and vids? Thanks.
Vehicle owner used QuantumBlue oil from 500 miles up until 127K miles. The vehicle's engine experienced an issue (possibly camshaft/lifter failure) at 127K miles. After disassembly, the repair shop found the insides of the engine to be coated with "black crust." From the pictures, it looks like sludge. The vehicle owner performed oil changes at extended intervals (16K) because the Blackstone UOA results supported the drain intervals. For example, on the UOA preview he posted, the TBN was 2.4.

Part of the reason for this thread is to discuss whether a Blackstone UOA provides enough information to validate engine oil drain intervals. Based on the limited information posted, it would appear that the oil had adequate TBN remaining so one would assume that the oil was still keeping the engine's parts clean. Clearly, that was far from the case here. I think we are trying to understand what went wrong and what a UOA does not tell us in regards to an oil's continued serviceability.

If @dnewton3 or @MolaKule can add their thoughts on this matter, I think the feedback can be valuable.

Last edited:
Vehicle owner used QuantumBlue oil from 500 miles up until 127K miles. The vehicle's engine experienced an issue (possibly camshaft/lifter failure) at 127K miles. After disassembly, the repair shop found the insides of the engine to be coated with "black crust." From the pictures, it looks like sludge. The vehicle owner performed oil changes at extended intervals (16K) because the Blackstone UOA results supported the drain intervals. For example, on the UOA preview he posted, the TBN was 2.4.

Part of the reason for this thread is to discuss whether a Blackstone UOA provides enough information to validate engine oil drain intervals. Based on the limited information posted, it would appear that the oil had adequate TBN remaining so one would assume that the oil was still keeping the engine's parts clean. Clearly, that was far from the case here. I think we are trying to understand what went wrong and what a UOA does not tell us in regards to an oil's continued serviceability.

If @dnewton3 or @MolaKule can add their thoughts on this matter, I think the feedback can be valuable.
THANK YOU for the summary!

Never even heard of Quantum Blue, but maybe this Mopar had the same lifter failure a lot of other hemis do with a lot of different oils and change intervals, and without that failure this thing would have run much longer even if it didn't meet BITOG OCD standards of internal cleanliness?

THANK YOU for the summary!

Never even heard of Quantum Blue, but maybe this Mopar had the same lifter failure a lot of other hemis do with a lot of different oils and change intervals, and without that failure this thing would have run much longer even if it didn't meet BITOG OCD standards of internal cleanliness?

Indeed, but reading that thread, this oil was claimed to eliminate lifter failure, obviously that didn't happen.

I didn't see any sludge in the pictures, I saw HEAVY varnish, which the oil company blamed on the engine running too rich, which the UOA didn't support but the oil blender tried to explain away by indicating that running rich doesn't show up in a UOA, only if you have a leaky injector or something along those lines.

Meanwhile, an engine with the same mileage but run on Mobil 1 was posted and it was spotless. That went over like a lead balloon.

Indeed, but reading that thread, this oil was claimed to eliminate lifter failure, obviously that didn't happen.

I didn't see any sludge in the pictures, I saw HEAVY varnish, which the oil company blamed on the engine running too rich, which the UOA didn't support but the oil blender tried to explain away by indicating that running rich doesn't show up in a UOA, only if you have a leaky injector or something along those lines.

Meanwhile, an engine with the same mileage but run on Mobil 1 was posted and it was spotless. That went over like a lead balloon.
It hurt to see him going right back to this oil. That's an awesome engine that's not going to be helped at all from him running this homebrew engine oil.

It hurt to see him going right back to this oil. That's an awesome engine that's not going to be helped at all from him running this homebrew engine oil.
But it has his name on the bottle, it's got to be good right? :/

Not to sound too negative but Mobil probably spends more on advertising for a single event than this company spends on their entire R&D budget. The pictures somewhat (loosely) support that premise. Myriad OEM approvals and PROOF of performance from those companies is something that carries with it significant value which is why I run a Euro-approved 0w-40 in my SRT's, because if it can pass Porsche A40, it's more than good enough for my naturally aspirated 6.4L.

Questions (since there seems to be a lot of missing information):

1. Where is the documentation that says Blackstone said QB could be run in an extended fashion?

2. They already built the new 426 long block but after they pulled the engine I asked them to send me some internal pictures as soon as they opened her up. So did the engine freeze up on the road, or did he have the engine pulled after the ticking noise occurred. Did the same shop inspect the coolant passages and the oil flow passages for blockage? Did they take any responsibility for this engines condition?

Comments:

I have analyzed these claims before but here are some of the reasons I would run as far and as fast as I could away from QuantumBlue.

QuantumBlue reverses the wearing out process and greatly prolongs the life span of all mechanical parts!

If that is the case, then this "renewal" process should be patented and furthermore, mechanical parts should have an infinite lifetime.

The Quantum-P wrestles 33% of that 6% back to the engine and gives you 8 free horsepower in the process and reduces oil consumption, increases fuel economy and helps keep your oil from turning black so fast like off the shelf oils do!

Well in this case it didn't so what do you have to say for yourselves? Free energy violates all known laws of Thermodynamics and Quantum Physics. What kind of double-speak is 33% of 6%? Does that mean that that QB "wrestled" 1.98% horsepower back into the engine? What test supports this claim? Lastly how do you 'wrestle" any energy back into useful energy after that energy has been expended and moved?

I especially love this statement: ” QuantumBlue Catalysts;” were developed for the Rocket Industry and Military applications requiring molecular shear and viscosity stability parameters that have to perform far beyond any other known lubricants. This technology has resulted in a “breakthrough” in wear reduction of up to 90% and friction reduction of up to or greater than 40% beyond traditional lubricating oils mineral or synthetic. With greatly reduced thermal and viscosity breakdown, working surfaces of the mechanical parts can last up to 10 times longer than their normal life span.

Okay, they didn't say the same catalysts developed for the Space Program were the same catalysts used in their product. Do they even know what catalyst means? What effect do their catalysts have on the overall performance?

QuantumBlue(TM) Lubricant Oils are the ultimate leap beyond any lubricant oils available at any price. They are formulated using a highly refined sweet crude mineral base that is hydrotreated, hydrocracked, and regenerated over and over and over again to produce a synthetic size molecule but out of mineral base stock. All the reactive hydrocarbons are taken out of the oil. We take a 6′ x 6′ steel panel and heat it up to 600 Deg F and splash basestock on it for 24 hours. If there is any measurable hydrocarbons on the panel, the batch is sent back for more regeneration.

Once the base stock passes our tests, it is then so pure that in the 25,000 gallon holding tank, it is as clear as water. It is a synthetic characteristic mineral that maintains pumpability, wearability, and oxidation stability like the traditional synthetics, but is friendly on your seals and it’s soluability to hold your additive packages in suspension are extremely good.

So what is it? Is it a mineral oil or a synthetic base oil? Nothing is defined according to any industry standard test nor any known method of refining or synthesis.

I could go on for hours tearing this garbage apart but these claims stand out as being utterly ridiculous

There is so much disinformation, obfuscation, and double speak in QuantumBlue's literature I don't know whether to laugh or cry. :mad:

PS. I once knew a guy in the industry who spoke like this and maybe this same demented and confused mind wrote their literature.

Last edited:
Questions (since there seems to be a lot of missing information):

1. Where is the documentation that says Blackstone said QB could be run in an extended fashion?

2. They already built the new 426 long block but after they pulled the engine I asked them to send me some internal pictures as soon as they opened her up. So did the engine freeze up on the road, or did he have the engine pulled after the ticking noise occurred. Did the same shop inspect the coolant passages and the oil flow passages for blockage? Did they take any responsibility for this engines condition?

Comments:

I have analyzed these claims before but are some of the reasons I would run as far and as fast as I could away from QuantumBlue.

QuantumBlue reverses the wearing out process and greatly prolongs the life span of all mechanical parts!

If that is the case, then this "renewal" process should be patented and furthermore, mechanical parts should have an infinite lifetime.

The Quantum-P wrestles 33% of that 6% back to the engine and gives you 8 free horsepower in the process and reduces oil consumption, increases fuel economy and helps keep your oil from turning black so fast like off the shelf oils do!

Well in this case it didn't so what do you have to say for yourselves? Free energy violates all known laws of Thermodynamics and Quantum Physics. What kind of double-speak is 33% of 6%? Does that mean that that QB "wrestled" 1.98% horsepower back into the engine? What test supports this claim? Lastly how do you 'wrestle" any energy back into useful energy after that energy has been expended and moved?

I especially love this statement: ” QuantumBlue Catalysts;” were developed for the Rocket Industry and Military applications requiring molecular shear and viscosity stability parameters that have to perform far beyond any other known lubricants. This technology has resulted in a “breakthrough” in wear reduction of up to 90% and friction reduction of up to or greater than 40% beyond traditional lubricating oils mineral or synthetic. With greatly reduced thermal and viscosity breakdown, working surfaces of the mechanical parts can last up to 10 times longer than their normal life span.

Okay, they didn't say the same catalysts developed for the Space Program were the same catalysts used in their product. Do they even know what catalyst means? What effect do their catalysts have on the overall performance?

QuantumBlue(TM) Lubricant Oils are the ultimate leap beyond any lubricant oils available at any price. They are formulated using a highly refined sweet crude mineral base that is hydrotreated, hydrocracked, and regenerated over and over and over again to produce a synthetic size molecule but out of mineral base stock. All the reactive hydrocarbons are taken out of the oil. We take a 6′ x 6′ steel panel and heat it up to 600 Deg F and splash basestock on it for 24 hours. If there is any measurable hydrocarbons on the panel, the batch is sent back for more regeneration.

Once the base stock passes our tests, it is then so pure that in the 25,000 gallon holding tank, it is as clear as water. It is a synthetic characteristic mineral that maintains pumpability, wearability, and oxidation stability like the traditional synthetics, but is friendly on your seals and it’s soluability to hold your additive packages in suspension are extremely good.

So what is it? Is it a mineral oil or a synthetic base oil? Nothing is defined according to any industry standard test nor any known method of refining or synthesis.

I could go on for hours tearing this garbage apart but these claims stand out as being utterly ridiculous

There is so much disinformation, obfuscation, and double speak in QuantumBlue's literature I don't know whether to laugh or cry. :mad:

PS. I once knew a guy in the industry who spoke like this and maybe this same demented and confused mind wrote their literature.

This is absolute quality, thank you for your analysis!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back